Party Panache, Hawaiian Party Bites

This is going to be my go to summer appetizer

4 ingredients, 5 minute prep

sweet and savory pineapple kielbasa mini skewer

There are lots of versions of this on Pinterest that were my inspiration

each with a variety of flavor components

I ultimately combined 2 of my favorites,

Asian Sweet Chili Sauce and a Teriyaki marinade

added a dash of pineapple juice

Slice the sausage into 1/2″ rounds and lay into a greased shallow baking dish

Top with a pineapple chunk

Mix the sauce

Pour evenly over the top

Things got busy very quickly and I didn’t take a photo after baking but they looked very much the same just a little browner.  The photo below was edited with the PicMonkey posterize effect

Instead of skewering them before baking,

which requires soaking the picks for at least 30 minutes

An extra step for you and the possibility of burnt picks

I let the guest stab their own with a cute cupcake topper bunny toothpick!

I prepped these early in the day so they could soak in the sauce

I served them straight from the baking dish

on a warming tray

I am kicking myself for not taking more photos of the buffet on the kitchen island,

we kept adding guests and food to our untraditional Easter gathering

I did manage a few pics before the food was put out

an incredible dip {posting soon!}

was put in the Easter grande glass

the vegetables surrounded the base

and chips close by in a giant carrot basket

OG {other grandmother} brought the peep skewers and luscious lemon dip

The littles LOVED these peep fruit treats!

This was the final menu

HHjr added the ribs at the last minute, if he’s going to be hanging out on the patio all day he has to have a least 2 grills going!

Hawaiian Party Bites

• Servings: makes about 4 dozen
  • Difficulty: very easy

12 oz. Conecuh Sausage* or Kielbasa

1 can, 20 oz. pineapple chunks

1/4 cup Asian Sweet Chili Sauce

1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce {I used Soy Vay Island Teriyaki sauce}

2 T pineapple juice

Drain pineapple, reserving juice.  Cut sausage into 1/2″ rounds.  Place in a greased shallow baking dish.  Top each round with a pineapple chunk.  Combine the sweet chili sauce with the teriyaki sauce and reserved pineapple juice.  Pour evenly over the stacks in the dish.  Refrigerate until cooking later if desired.  Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.  Serve warm with toothpicks and napkins.

*Conecuh sausage is made in Alabama and is available in many Southern states

Easy on the cook and your guests will rave!

for another printable version of Hawaiian Party Bites click here

🍍🍍🍍

Meal Plan Monday  Dishing it & Digging it,   Between Naps on the Porch,

Merry Monday   Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
25 Responses to “Party Panache, Hawaiian Party Bites”

Jenna, your Hawaiian Party Bites look so delish and I love the ease of this recipe. I also like the no skewers to prep, serve in the baking dish way (cute bunny toothpicks). Your island looks so festive with all of your painted Easter critters and serve ware. I also think the OG contribution was perfect for the occasion. Hope you are enjoying the week……..

2. Jenna, the Hawaiian party bites look so delicious as does the buffet spread. You are the party hostess with the mostest for sure! Happy Wednesday!

What a great idea…easy and delicious.

4. creationsbycindyphotography.blogspot.com says:

YUM! Those party bites look amazing. Girl…I am just flat out in love with that outside grill. Every time I see a picture of it, I drool! Hugs and blessings to you sweet lady.
    Cindy

5. Kari says:

I agree with all the above comments Jenna….what a lovely buffet for your guests. Of course I am stashing away your recipes…everything looks so yummy. I am sure all the littles enjoyed this celebration too and I agree with HHjr..you can never go wrong with BBQ ribs. Beautiful

Your food looks so colorful and delish! I like your idea of putting the sausage and pineapple in a dish rather than on skewers. Yum! 😃

What a fun Eater celebration! The food sounds and looks DELISH! Like your idea of the toothpicks, I like easy. Lol, Thanks Jenna.

8. The menu sounds delish….and the pineapple treat is similar to an appetizer I make…YUMMY!

9. Benita says:

Those party bites look delicious! All of your food always looks so appetizing…we eat with our eyes first, right?! Hugs!

10. Christine says:

Thanks for another great recipe.

First of all, I’m scanning through your posts, and your tulip painting is sooooo beautiful, Jenna! I also love a great wedge salad, and the bleu cheese copycat dressing sounds fabulous! These sausage/pineapple Skewers would be a wonderful hit. I loved your Easter buffet menu. You’re the best!

12. marilyn1998 says:

Thank you for sharing at #ThursdayFavoriteThings. Pinned and shared.

Delish and so easy Jenna, I can see how your guests would rave! I foresee lots of parties at your new pizza oven/grill entertaining area when you’re not at the beach. ♥

1. […] Pineapple Glazed Kielbasa Bites from Complete Recipes inspired Hawaiian Party Bites […]