Take-out Tuesday, Slow Cook BBq Chicken & Pineapple with Speedy Squash Bake

I hope you had a wonderful Easter or Spring weekend!

We had a very non traditional Easter, with temps in the mid 60’s it was chilly enough to light the fire and we gathered with family and special friends for ribs, smoked chicken, a variety of apps and an Easter Egg hunt on the lawn

4 very happy bunnies!

Just in case you’re all worn out from Spring festivities

you can get this complete dinner on the table with only 10 minutes of prep!

First slice the squash

Place it in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet with tomatoes

Drizzle with olive oil and season with garlic seasoning or salt and pepper

While squash is roasting, prep the chicken

This literally takes 2 minutes max

Spray the inside of the slow cooker and add chicken pieces

Season with garlic seasoning or salt and pepper

Pour on the sauce, cover and set temperature

Check vegetables after 15 minutes and continue baking 5-10 minutes

or until squash is soft and tomatoes have burst

{time will depend on size of slices and oven}

Now, you could eat them just like this, very delicious and healthy

or

put them in a casserole dish with a little Manchego cheese

if you’re not familiar with Manchego

treat yourself to it’s mild, buttery, delightful flavor

Stir in an egg

Put dish in refrigerator until chicken is almost done

After chicken has cooked for 3 hours or so, add pineapple

Stick squash casserole in the oven and cook for about 30-40 minutes,

Top with French fried onions return to oven for 5 minutes to crisp onions

Dinner is Ready!

We had our chicken on slider buns,

but it would be delicious over rice or baked potato

I added a bag salad

there are so many good ones now!

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken & Pineapple

• Servings: 4-6
  • Difficulty: very easy

18 oz Sweet Baby Ray’s Hawaiian BBQ sauce, or any barbeque sauce

5 boneless thighs

20 crushed pineapple, drained

Trader Joe’s Garlic Salt seasoning or salt & pepper

Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking oil spray.  Add chicken and season.  Cover with BBQ sauce.  Cover and cook for 3 hours on high {or 6 hours on low} Add the pineapple and continue cooking for another 45-60 minutes.  Shred with forks and serve on slider buns or over rice or a baked potato.

Speedy Squash Bake

• Difficulty: very easy

2 medium zucchini, sliced

2 yellow squash, sliced

1 cup cherry tomatoes

TJs seasoning, olive oil

3 oz Manchego, grated

French fried onions

1 egg, beaten

Line baking pan with parchment paper. Arrange tomatoes and squash slices so nothing overlaps. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with seasoning. Roast at 400 for 30 minutes or until done.
Transfer vegetables to sprayed casserole dish.  Add Manchego cheese and egg, stirring to combine.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Top with onions and bake 5 minutes more.

Enjoy!

for another printable version of Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken and Pineapple click here

for another printable version of Speedy Squash Bake click here

🥒🍗🍍

Meal Plan Monday  Dishing it & Digging it,   Between Naps on the Porch,

Merry Monday   Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
40 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Slow Cook BBq Chicken & Pineapple with Speedy Squash Bake”

Sounds delicious Jenna! Love your 4 bunnies! 🐰🐰🐰🐰

2. Nancy says:

Yum in the Tum!

a PERFECT dinner! Love it! And those grandies ❤ make my heart smile!

4. I love bag salad. Just sayin’!

And this looks wonderful — especially the chicken and pineapple. And love the pic of the grands who are pretty darned cute!

5. lulu says:

Your outdoor setup is great! I like squash, but it is not one of the hubby’s favorites so I’m always looking for a new way to prepare it hoping he will like it. You’ve given me one more way!

Looks like loads of fun and delicious food.

7. Your four bunnies are adorable! The BBQ chicken with pineapple looks delicious, what a perfect meal that doesn’t demand staying in the kitchen all day. Your Easter looks perfect.

8. Kari says:

Jenna, first of all I love the way your outdoor fireplace/pizza oven turned out and it is just perfect for your entertaining. Kudos my friend. Second, I also am partial to the four little bunnies…it makes me miss my little bunnies even though I got to see them in the “freezer” opening of the baseball season….LOL!( I’ll never let family forget that they told me the weather was 68 degrees…NOT!) The positive in that, is my little grands….luv theme so much. AND thirdly, thanks for yet again another recipe and an easy to fix meal.

Your cuties are certainly enjoying their Easter fun. Your fireplace looks so pretty decorated for Spring/Easter. I see the egg smoking away, I can almost smell the wonderful bbq!!! I have to try your meal, it sounds and looks delicious. We have been spending so much time outside working in the beds there is no time for cooking. This is a great solution for me Jenna. I need to get the slow cooker prepped! Enjoy your week of relaxing after all the work……..

• I haven’t planted the first flower, and thought I was going to be embarrassed during our Easter gathering on the patio but I don’t think anyone noticed, there was too much going on! My son said it wasn’t very masculine with the carrots and pink pots on his fireplace but I told him hey, it’s Easter and it’s all about bunnies! I hope you can relax and enjoy all your hard work soon!

10. pattyanneart says:

Looks so easy and delicious. Your bunnies are adorable!!💗🐰

Easy is the best! 😊 Looks delish, Jenna! 💕 And happy you could enjoy your day with your family! 🌷

12. Julie says:

It sounds and looks like the best Easter celebration with good food. The dishes all sound so good and veggies so healthy.
    Hope you have a nice week Jenna.
    Julie

13. Sounds like you had a fun Easter Jenna! My non-traditional one included the grill:@)

14. Benita says:

So glad you and your family had a wonderful Easter! Ten minutes prep time sounds wonderful and that meal looks so great! I love Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce! Hugs!

Yum! Sounds good and love how easy this is. Your grands are darling!

16. Looks delicious and I love the convenience of using a slow cooker! Have a great day!
    Shelley

17. Christine says:

This looks delicious!

18. marilyn1998 says:

Thank you for sharing at #ThursdayFavoriteThings. Pinned and shared.

1. […] Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken & Pineapple with Speedy Squash Bake […]