Take-out Tuesday, Grilled Blackened Shrimp with Basil Fettucini Alfredo

Grilled Blackened Shrimp with Basil Fettucini Alfredo…

Sounds fancy doesn’t it??

Can you keep a secret?

Shhh…

It’s super easy to make!!

This is courtesy of HHjr

He is the definition of a morning person,

especially at the beach where

He gets up and goes to the grocery store before anyone else even stirs

“Did you already get stuff for dinner?” I asked when I got up around 7

“Yes,” he said

“I thought I’d make grilled blackened shrimp with basil fettucini Alfredo”

“Oh!”

😲

And just like that, we had this amazing dinner!

Variations:

Serve this shrimp on zucchini noodles, or

on a salad drizzled with warmed Alfredo instead of salad dressing

Grilled Blackened Shrimp with Basil Fettucini Alfredo

• Servings: varied

fresh large shrimp, 4-6 per person, peeled and deveined

blackened seasoning**

Basil Alfredo sauce* about 1/4-1/2 cup per serving

fettucini noodles, 2 oz per serving {we used fresh refrigerated fettucini noodles}

fresh basil leaves for garnish

Toasted french bread slices with garlic and Parmesan, optional

Cook the pasta according to package directions or to your taste.  Drain and return to hot pan.  Toss pasta with basil Alfredo sauce, a lot or a little, it’s up to you, cover pan and keep warm.

Thread shrimp onto skewers.  Season shrimp with blackened seasoning.  Grill over medium high until just done, about 5-8 minutes, turning once.  Do not overcook or shrimp will be rubbery.  Time depends on grill, heat and size of shrimp, so watch carefully.

Place a small mound of pasta on each plate and top with blackened shrimp.  Garnish with basil leaves.  Serve with toasted parmesan garlic baguette slices if desired.

*Basil Alfredo is available in a jar by Bertolli, Ragu, or Stonewall Kitchen, or simply add fresh chopped basil to any homemade or prepared Alfredo sauce

**I like Paul Prudomme Blackened Steak Magic seasoning

Variations:

Serve this shrimp on zucchini noodles, or

on a salad drizzled with warmed Alfredo instead of salad dressing

Lucky me, I really hit the jackpot!!

You might also like these other shrimp favorites

Bacon Wrapped Sweet Chili Shrimp

New Orleans BBQ Shrimp

Grilled Rum Glazed Coconut Shrimp

Sweet Chili Glazed Grilled Shrimp

Sheet Pan Shrimp

🍤🍤🍤

for another printable version of Grilled Blackened Shrimp with Basil Fettucini Alfredo click here

Meal Plan Monday  Dishing it & Digging it,   Between Naps on the Porch,

Merry Monday   Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
34 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Grilled Blackened Shrimp with Basil Fettucini Alfredo”
  1. Bonnie Morgan says:

Yum, Yum, Yum! Oh, this looks so delicious and beautifully styled on the plate.
    HHjr is amazing. He learned from his parents!
    Pinning!
    Have a great day, Jenna!

Delicious, I’ll take shrimp any way!

3. We love grilled shrimp here too. Using a pre-made sauce makes a gourmet meal an easy task! I do the same!

4. Oh Jenna, this looks amazing! My Renaissance Man and son would love this. Kudos to Chef HHjr. Have a wonderful day!

5. Anonymous says:

HHjr is quite the chef. How wonderful to wake up with your dinner already planned and shopped. I love shrimp almost anyway. Adding a pasta with a rich sauce is so delicious. I know you are having a fabulous summer.

6. Chloe Crabtree says:

I would love this…sadly, my hubby not so much! Darn fisherman that doesn’t eat fish! Such a great recipe, I am sharing it over in my Chloe’s kitchen Facebook group! Plase feel free to share any of your recipes over there!!

Jim would love this! Looks delicious……

8. Kari says:

Ok…Jenna…I do’t want this to sound bad…you know my heart, but can he come live at my house?
    What a treat and I agree with the others….Shrimp is delish any old way. Luv ya

• I know, I am really spoiled! Even when he goes to his friends houses he ends up doing the cooking! He thought about opening a restaurant but knew he would have long hours and many other not fun things to deal with and chooses to just cook for pleasure

Oh my! What a delicious looking plate! Love shrimp and this looks oh so good! What a son! I thank you for including all the other shrimp dishes also. Will have to check those out. Yum!

10. Nancy says:

Oh I love this. So easy and so fancy and so delicious!

11. Nancy says:

And hugs to your son for getting up and getting the groceries!

Sound delish Jenna! Aren’t you glad you have a chef / tile guy / contractor / fisherman for a son? 🙂

Awww Jenna, isn’t your son the sweetest??!! I love how he gets up early and takes charge with a fabulous dinner. I must look for that seasoning!!

14. I’m a shrimp strumpet. Give me shrimp with anything and I’m the happiest woman in the world, so thanks for this!

What a delicious meal that we will really enjoy! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday,442 and come back soon!

16. marilyn1998 says:

Thank you for sharing at #ThursdayFavoriteThings. Pinned and shared

1. […] Instead of Gouda Shrimp & Grits, which I still really want to make, HHjr made me Grilled Blackened Shrimp with Basil Fettucini Alfredo […]