Gifts from the Kitchen, Salted Chocolate Chip Pecan Bars

June weekends on the coast mean fishing

and this weekend it was “bachelor weekend”

HHjr arrived with 2 of his buddies ready for a fishing adventure

with several more friends in town for the weekend

They spent Friday preparing their equipment and loading the boat

And Saturday they hit the water at 5am for a full day of fishing

These guys are hungry at the end of the day

They actually brought plenty of food

so the least I could do was make them a sweet treat…

and let them enjoy a “no children allowed” weekend!

I whipped up a batch of Salted Chocolate Chip Pecan Bars

This is an variation of Shortcut Pecan Bars

The base is made with crescent roll dough

Partially pre-bake crust

Make the pecan topping with light corn syrup,

egg, sugar, vanilla, butter and pecans

DSC_8020_2

Top with chocolate chips and a sprinkle of kosher or sea salt

Bake and, Voilà,

you have a wonderful sweet treat!

Let cool completely in baking dish

Then refrigerate for a hour or more to set chocolate

before cutting into bars or squares

Salted Chocolate Chip Pecan Bars

• Servings: 24-30 bars or squares
  • Difficulty: very easy

1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls

2 cups pecan halves

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup corn syrup

2 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted

1 tsp vanilla

1 egg, beaten

1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

1 tsp kosher or sea salt

Heat oven to 350°F. Unroll dough and press in bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of a 9×13-inch pan. Firmly press perforations to seal. Bake 8 minutes.Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Pour filling over partially baked crust.  Top with chocolate chips and sprinkle with salt.

Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool completely and cut into bars.

They are always so proud of their catch!

Happy Father’s Day to my favorite Dads

my son, HHjr

and my son-in-law  NG…

And Happy Father’s Day to all those great Dads out there!

for another printable version click here

🐟  🐟  🐟

Meal Plan Monday  Happiness is Homemade  Love Your Creativity

Over the Moon  Between Naps on the Porch,

Make it Pretty Monday  Turn About Tuesday  Celebrate Your Story,

All About Home/ Common Ground Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday  Centerpiece Wednesday

Thursday Favorite Things  Creatively Crafty   Creative Cumpulsions

Comments
38 Responses to “Gifts from the Kitchen, Salted Chocolate Chip Pecan Bars”
  1. Jenna, the salted chocolate pecan bars look fabulous! What a nice weekend for your special dads, fishing and catching red snapper! Happy Sunday!

2. This looks like a keeper. I’m getting quite the collection from you of late (those butterscotch toffees are on my shopping list, too!). On a roll, Jenna! Have loads of fun — I know you’ll be very popular with these!

3. Oh my! Those salted chocolate chip pecan bars look delicious. Thanks for sharing how to make them. Nice photos. Your men look like they really enjoyed their day of fishing.

4. Looks like the guys had a great time Jenna! Love the pic of CC too-enjoy:@)

5. Wow, the the treats looks awesome. I bet the guys loved it. What kind of fish did they catch? Happy Father’s Day to the men in your life.

6. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors says:

Jenna, those bars look so yummy! I’m sure they enjoyed the sweet treat! Happy Sunday!

OMG!!! These would TOTALLY be my weakness! They look so amazing!

Oh yes! These look wonderful! They remind me of the 7 layer bars also called “Hello Dollies, yum! What a fun time for the guys and what a haul they made. I’m sure that Red Snapper was DE-LISH!

9. pattyanneart says:

They look so delicious!! 😋 Yum!

10. Nancy says:

Now this is my kind of a quick sweet treat!
    And having the guys down had to be a fun weekend!
    Happy Week to you!

11. rawsonjl says:

Those do look so yummy and remind me of my own recipe for chocolte chip pecan pie; just in bite form! Pinned.

12. Michelle says:

I can’t wait to try these. Thank you.

I’ll bet the guys had the best time, and looks like they did great with their catch!! Your sweet treat must’ve been greatly appreciated, Jenna. You’re so good to the guys!

• Ha, it’s really the opposite, they are so good to me! I have know them all since they were in their teens or younger and they are such great and sweet guys, so fun to have them around! Thanks Kitty 🙂

14. Sheryl says:

The bars look wonderful. I like how easy they are to make.

My hubby would be in heaven Jenna with an all day fishing trip and that haul of snapper! Your bars look irresistible! ♥

16. Theresa says:

These look delicious! I never thought of making something like this on phyllo dough. And it looks like it was a great Father’s Day!

17. marilyn1998 says:

********************************************************
    Thank you for sharing at #OverTheMoon. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too! Please stay safe and healthy. Come party with us at Over The Moon! Catapult your content Over The Moon! @marilyn_lesniak @EclecticRedBarn
    ********************************************************

18. Joanna says:

These bars look delicious! I love the idea of combining salt, chocolate and pecans. They would be great in a lunchbox for school or work.

1. […] And Salted Chocolate Chip Pecan Bars […]