Recipe Box, Stuffed Peach Salad with Balsamic Drizzle

Interested?

warm peach salad thepaintedapron.com

This salad looks fancy schmancy but is a snap to make

Peel fresh ripe peaches [drop in boiling water for 1 minute for easing peeling]  and cut in half.  Remove pits

Fill cavities with chopped pecans, dot with butter, about 1/4 of a pat, and sprinkle with brown sugar

That might sound a little decadent, but you really can’t fit much in there!

Top with a prosciutto blanket, you know, a thin slice~

Place peaches on a foil lined baking sheet and pop in the oven at 400 for about 10-15 minutes, until hot and prosciutto has crisped.  You could also cook these on the grill on a piece of foil.  Cooking time will depend on grill temperature, just watch carefully until desired doneness

peach and prosciutto salad thepaintedapron.com

Serve on a bed of greens, such as fresh spinach and romaine lettuce and drizzle with balsamic glaze

peach, pecan and prosciutto salad thepaintedapron.com

I tossed my greens with a touch of Orange Marmalade Vinaigrette before adding peaches

peach salad with balsamic thepaintedapron.com

Stuffed Peach Salad with Balsamic Drizzle

• Servings: 4

2 fresh ripe peaches, peeled and cut in half

1 T butter

1/4-1/2 cup chopped pecans

2 T brown sugar

balsamic glaze

4 thin slices prosciutto

salad greens such as fresh spinach and crisp romaine

Orange Marmalade Vinaigrette or vinaigrette of your choice

Fill cavities of peaches with nuts.  Top with 1/4 T butter and sprinkle with brown sugar.  Cover peach half with a thin slice of prosciutto.  Place peaches on a piece of foil or a foil lined baking sheet and grill* or cook at 400 for about 15 minutes, until hot and prosciutto is crisp.  Serve on a bed of lightly dressed greens and drizzle with balsamic glaze.

*grilling time will vary by grilling temperature, just watch closely

for another printable version of Stuffed Peach Salad with Balsamic Drizzle click here

You might also like Grilled Peach Salad with Raspberry Balsamic Glaze

raspberry glaze peach salad thepaintedapron.com

Enjoy!

__________________________________

I will be joining:

It’s Overflowing

Uncommon Designs

Between Naps on the Porch

The Dedicated House

A Stroll Thru Life

Memories by the Mile

Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

Foodie Friday

Love Bakes Good Cakes

Will Cook for Smiles

Comments
17 Responses to “Recipe Box, Stuffed Peach Salad with Balsamic Drizzle”
  1. Happier Than A Pig In Mud says:

Sounds like a perfect seasonal lunch Jenna! I’ll bet the grill would add a nice little hint of smokiness too-yum:@)

What a wonderful and delicious salad Jenna! I love the combination of the salty prosciutto, sweet brown sugar and tangy balsamic drizzle! So easy and light for summer too. I can hear some peaches calling my name…:)

3. Jo May says:

I’ve always wanted to try and grill peaches I see it in magazines and blogs, looks so good. I want to try for sure. Thank you Jenna for visiting “Return To Loblolly”, and I especially appreciate your comment.

4. lulu says:

I just got some very tasty Georgia peaches so your recipe is timely. You are good at providing me with recipes for what I just happen to have on hand.

5. threekidsandafish says:

I absolutely love this salad! Love that the peaches are stuffed-perfect! And the balsamic glaze over top looks beyond delicious! This is a keeper for sure-PINNED! 🙂
    Cathy @ three kids and a fish

6. Kim says:

This looks so good, Jenna! I like easy, too. I would never have thought to mix prosciutto with peaches, but I’m willing to try after seeing your recipe 🙂

7. Sandra Garth says:

Yes indeed this is in my near future!!

8. Pinned this yummy recipe. It is decadent!! I bought some great peaches this weekend in Clanton. My daughter served a spicy sauce over cut peaches as a side while we were visiting this past weekend. I hope to post pictures of her food soon.

9. Madonna says:

This sounds delicious. We have had a peach and plum recall here in SoCal. As soon as I find another source this is going on my menu. Yum.

10. Utterly delicious – I love peaches, and now you have me longing for summer.

Visiting from Foodie Friday – hope you have a great weekend.

Just pinned your awesome recipe and thanks so much for sharing it with Full Plate Thursday!
    Have a great week and come back soon!

1. […] Peach Salsa by Madame Deals 7. Peaches n Cream Melba Bundt Cake by Baking in Pyjamas 8. Stuffed Peach Salad with Balsamic Drizzle by The Painted Apron 9. Peach Cobbler by Ducks ‘n a […]