Party Panache, Pigskin Tailgate Dip

pigskin dip thepaintedapron.com

Here is a crowd pleasing hot dip perfect for game day!

pigskin dip thepaintedapron.com

We happily plowed through this dip last weekend while watching the Alabama-Ole Miss game

Big game at our house, HH and HHjr went to Ala and DD went to Ole Miss…

We had fans rooting for both teams!

The Man Cave is a serious place on game day, the glass tile back splash is even red & white

pigkin dip 2 thepaintedapron.com

Just like this Pigskin Tailgate Dip!

Bacon, ham, sour cream, cream cheese, Asiago cheese, onion, and a little Worcestershire and Dijon… need I say more?

Fry the bacon

Saute the ham and onions

Mix the sour cream and cream cheese

Season with mustard, Worcestershire and pepper and a little salt [not much because of the salty bacon, ham and cheese]

Mix in the bacon, ham and onions and 3/4 of the cheese

Yum

Put into a greased 1 quart baking dish and top with remaining cheese

Now you can bake it at 350 or stash it in the fridge for up to 24 hours and bake it whenever you’re ready

Pigskin Tailgate Dip

• Servings: 8-10
  • Time: 20 minutes prep, bake 30 minutes

1 cup light sour cream

8 oz light cream cheese

4 thick slices of bacon, diced

1/4 lb, about 3-4 big thick slices, of quality ham, such as spiral sliced dinner ham, diced

1/2 large onion, diced

1 T Dijon mustard

dash Worcestershire sauce

4 oz. Asiago cheese, grated

salt and pepper

Cook diced bacon in skillet over medium heat until crispy.  Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.  Pour off all but 1 T bacon fat from pan.  Saute onion and ham in reserved bacon fat until onion is cooked and ham begins to brown.  Combine cream cheese and sour cream in a mixing bowl.  Add mustard, Worcestershire, salt and pepper and stir well.  Add bacon, ham, onions and 3/4 of cheese.  Mix and turn into a greased 1 quart casserole.  Sprinkle top with remaining cheese.  Refrigerate up to 24 hours.  Bake at 350 for 20-40* minutes or until heated through and bubbly.  Makes about 3 1/2 cups dip, 8-10 servings

*baking time will depend on start temperature of dip, if cold from refrigerator it will take longer

This recipe was adapted from Will Cook for Smiles Hot Asiago & Ham Dip thanks Lyuba!

This is definitely my new favorite hot dip!

Hotty Toddy and Roll Tide Roll!

pigskin dip thepaintedapron.com

This makes even a loss to Ole Miss bearable!

Try to find a block of Asiago cheese and grate it yourself, the flavor pairs beautifully with the ham and bacon~

for another printable version of Pigskin Tailgate Dip click here

You might also want to try this red and white dip for your tailgate or game day party, White Pizza Dip with roasted tomatoes here

white pizza dip thepaintedapron.com

Enjoy!!

Ole Miss platter/JMdesigns

Ole Miss dress/MeeMee’s Corner, Etsy

__________________________________

I will be sharing with the fabulous parties and blogs on my sidebar and:

Melanie Makes

Between Naps on the Porch

Comments
20 Responses to “Party Panache, Pigskin Tailgate Dip”

Sounds like my kind of dip Jenna! I caught the end of that game and it sure was a fun one:@)

2. Liz Mackie says:

A nice dip. Thanks so much!

3. lulu says:

I bet you liked the dip much better than the outcome of the game! I always appreciate getting a new appetizer recipe because, as you know, they are not my best thing.

4. Marigene says:

Oh, this sounds delish, Jenna! Thanks for sharing.
    Have a wonderful week.

5. Darling little fans! And the dip looks delicious.

6. Marcia says:

Adorable fans!😉 Must try this out during one of our game days.

7. Jenna…you put together the most amazing concoctions! Yum! Now I am going to have a look at the slow cooker Scalloped Potatoes. Sounds divine!

Your dips sounds like a crowd pleaser Jenna with all those wonderful ingredients! Love your adorable wee fans:)

9. Kathryn Knox says:

Hi! Love the recipe, thanks. Roll Tide!!!

10. Kim says:

Another winner – the recipe, too. 😉 I love Asiago cheese – and cream cheese. I must make this next time bacon fan Fun Son appears.

What a wonderful dip recipe, Jenna! You share the best recipes!

12. Thanks for sharing at Foodie Fridays. Hope to see you again this week.
    Blessings,
    Shari

13. CraftyHope says:

I’m not willing to talk about that game just yet, but this dip looks fabulous! I just wish my husband liked onions and I would be making this all the time.

14. chinamom3078 says:

Keeper recipe! My hot dips recipe collection needs some new ones. Have a good weekend. Linda

Hi Jenna,
    What a great dip, I just love the flavor! Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with Full Plate Thursday!
    Come Back Soon!

When I left the comment I just saw that my url was not write, so I am correcting it in the browser.

1. […] – Pigskin Tailgate Dip by The Painted […]

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 909 other followers