Recipe Box, Savory Salad Flatbread

Have you ever seen this fruit paste at the store?

I recently tried it on a flatbread with bacon and bleu cheese

It makes it so easy to get that fresh fruit flavor without peeling, chopping, slicing, just spread it on

Sprinkle cheese over top

Add cooked bacon pieces and Parmesan cheese

Bake

bacon,pear and bleu cheese flatbread

Toss crisp salad greens with a good creamy bleu cheese dressing

Pile it on top of your warm flatbread

salad

Enjoy!

savory salad flatbread

Savory Salad Flatbread

• Servings: varied
  • Time: prep: 20 minutes, bake: 10-12 minutes

1 flatbread or thin pizza crust, baked {I used refrigerated Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough}

1 package, 4.2 oz.  pear fruit paste {Rutherford & Meyer}

6 slices bacon, cooked and cut into 1 inch pieces

4 oz. crumbled bleu cheese

2 oz grated Parmesan cheese

crisp salad greens such as romaine, or a mix, chopped

creamy bleu cheese dressing

fresh black pepper

Spread pear paste evenly over flatbread.  Sprinkle with bleu cheese and Parmesan.  Top with bacon pieces.  Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.

Toss greens with dressing to taste and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.  Mound salad on top of flatbread and cut into large squares to serve.

flatbread with salad topping

I love to make unusual pizzas and flatbreads.  You can see my whole selection on my Sandwiches, Pizzas and Flatbreads Pinterest board here

for another printable version of Savory Salad Flatbread click here

………………………………………………

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and Decorate, It’s Overflowing, Rustic and Refined,

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&J, Project Inspire, The Scoop, Something to Talk AboutA Stroll Thru Life    Inspire Me Monday

Crafty Staci,   Tickle My TastebudsWow Us Wednesday

Creative Ways, Favorite Things, Full Plate Thursday, Share Your Style, Work it Wednesday

Home Matters, Idea BoxWeekend Retreat,

Comments
13 Responses to “Recipe Box, Savory Salad Flatbread”

this looks DIVINE! Like it says on the Pear Paste package (which I have never seen!) LOVE and SWOONING!!! 🙂

Hi Jenna, I haven’t seen fruit paste! Did you find it at Publix? Is it with the jams/jellies or in the produce section? We love the combo of pear, bacon and blue cheese and I like the idea of having my pizza and salad too 🙂

• Thanks Mary, I meant to source where I got it, I did get it at Publix and it’s in the deli section where they display gourmet crackers, and fig jam- near the specialty meats & cheese case. I hope you can find it, there are other fruit paste flavors too. Happy weekend!

Fruit paste would be a new food to me too, sounds good:@)

4. Marigene says:

My mouth is watering just reading your post, Jenna! I will have to look for the fruit paste next time I am at the grocery.

5. Emily says:

This wold be great to serve for guests while the cook is in the kitchen and so is everyone else! Yummy, I love how easy it is. Where did you find the fruit paste. I’ve seen it but don’t remember where…………

6. JESS44903 says:

Oh man, this sounds delicious! 🙂

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

7. Fruit paste, what a novel idea! I will definitely be on the lookout for it. This would be a delightful lunch so I’m saving this. Thanks for sharing at Celebrate Your Story and we always enjoy your links.

8. This look so good!!! Gotta give this one a try! Pinned 🙂

9. Danielle says:

Our favorite restaurant serves up something similar and now I can’t wait to to try making my own. YUM!

Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Have a great weekend and enjoy your new Red Plate!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )