Take-out Tuesday, Peanut Butter Power Balls

Are you a dedicated breakfast eater?

I tend to grab and go, maybe a yogurt, or a spoonful of peanut butter or almond butter, and I am fairly addicted to these peanut butter bites from Skippy

They are great for grabbing for a quick breakfast or snack on the run

I decided to try making my own version with non-mystery ingredients

You can see the ingredients in Skippy’s P B Bites here

Organic oats, honey roasted almond slices, roasted unsalted sunflower seed kernels, all combine to amp up the protein and good fats

And mini chocolate chips for, well,  CHOCOLATE!

I used mini milk chocolate chips but use dark chocolate for maximum health benefits,

read about the proven nutritional benefits of dark chocolate here

Put dry ingredients in a shallow bowl or on a rimmed plate

Plop a blob  place a dollp of peanut butter down in the dry ingredients and using 2 spoons, divide it into smaller portions and roll it around to cover peanut butter

Once it’s fairly well covered, use your fingers to form into ball shapes and press additional dry ingredients over the surface

Refrigerate to set,  and store balls in a covered container in the refrigerator

You can also use almond butter instead of peanut butter or use any ingredients you like, dried fruit or raisins, other nuts, granola…endless combinations~

They are a healthy choice, but are high in calories, so you want to limit your serving size

Peanut Butter Power Balls

• Servings: varied
  • Difficulty: very easy

Peanut Butter, creamy or chunky or Almond Butter

almond slices {I used honey roasted}

sunflower seed kernels {I used roasted unsalted}

oats {I used organic}

mini chocolate chips or diced chocolate {use dark for best nutritive benefits}

Place dry ingredients in a shallow bowl or rimmed plate.  Add a dollop of peanut butter.  Using 2 spoons, divide peanut butter into smaller pieces and roll around in dry ingredients.  Once peanut butter pieces are fairly covered use fingers to form into ball shapes and press ingredients into balls.  Refrigerate to set.

Store balls in covered container in refrigerator.

for another printable version of Peanut Butter Power Balls click here

Energize your day!

🥜   🍯   🥜   🍯   🥜

Rustic and RefinedBetween Naps on the Porch, Gardens Galore  Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal CharmCooking and Crafting with J&J,  The Scoop,   A Stroll Thru Life

Celebrate and Decorate,  Lori’s Culinary Creations,   Moonlight and Mason Jars

Full Plate Thursday  Foodie Friday & Everything Else

Share it One More Time   Delicious Dishes Recipe Party

Comments
28 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Peanut Butter Power Balls”
  1. Oh I could go for one of these right now Jenna, sitting at my small Canadian hometown airport for a 07:00 am flight with a rumbly tummy! Yum!

Johanne Lamarche

2. Great idea, Jenna. I think I’ll try almond butter. Shanley would love this because she can take them with her as she runs out the door!

3. I need some power! Thanks, what a great idea that is easy to do!

These look awesome!

5. Jenna, I need those for some energy right about now! I like the term “blob”! I have to try these’

6. Ellen says:

I love that you use “Skippy’s” recipe, but I spy a jar of Jif there! I am a devoted fan of peanut butter and try each new one that I find. Right now, I’m loving Peter Pan’s Simply Ground in the honey roast flavor. I’ve never been a fan of crunchy, but this has a finely ground peanut! I eat this stuff with a spoon, it is so yummy!! Well, more than satisfactory commenting just to say – these sound delicious and easy!! Thank-you for this recipe and tolerating my obsession. P.S. Love almond and cashew butter too!

7. Cynthia Raines says:

Sounds yummy~ will pin this and give it a try as I do l love peanut butter and dark chocolate. Thanks!

8. Those look healthy Jenna. I’m definitely a breakfast water. Thise would be great for on the go when traveling.

Looks yummy and easy! I saw a recipe like this that used bananas and protein powder and chocolate chips and rolled oats. I like your recipe better though because I love PNB!! Thanks Jenna! 🥜👍💕

10. Deb Cantales says:

Jenna, you should produce a cookbook! So many great ideas and inspiration here. Hope you’re having a perfect week.

11. Leslie Anne Tarabella says:

I think this is one of my favorite things you’ve come up with! I don’t eat much breakfast, but this would be a quick bite that is healthy. I want to work on the calorie content, is there such a thing as low-fat peanut butter? Hmm. Guess not. The natural stuff is too dry. I’ll just make them tiny! Thanks for the idea!

12. Looks pretty yum to me! Yet another to add to my “try” list — I love peanut butter and oats. Can live without the chocolate but maybe heath bar crunch instead?

These look like a great little afternoon bite for when I need a pick me up Jenna! And who doesn’t love a no-bake treat?!

14. These look great. I just made something similar except I used protein powder and it was awesome.

Mmmm what a perfect little, take along breakfast, or treat, Jenna! I have a no bake granola bar recipe that I like, but this gives me another wonderful one to try. You’re the best!

16. I just put this recipe (on a cute recipe card!) in the mail to Shanley Belle today.

Great idea and recipe, I have to make these. I like to know what I’m putting in our bodies……….

We will love your Peanut Butter Power Balls, they look delicious! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week and come back to see us real soon!

1. […] The other day when I opened up my blog-reading notifications, I noticed a post from Jenna, a wonderful artist who also shares loads of recipes. The title was Peanut Butter Power Bars. (Link here if you want the recipe!) […]

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )