Take-out Tuesday, Broccoli & Cheese Dip or Spread

Let’s face it

Hot and melty cheese dips are pretty hard to resist

Add some bacon, and well, that makes it even harder

But if you add a nice fresh green vegetable like broccoli

Why it becomes almost health food!!

And it’s important to keep your strength up for game day!!    🏈  🐘

Serve dip with crackers, sturdy chips, celery, romaine leaves, or spread on baguette slices

Broccoli & Cheese Dip

• Servings: 6-8

4 slices bacon

2 cups chopped broccoli florets

4 oz cream cheese, softened {you can use 1/3 less fat but NOT non fat}

1/3 cup mayonnaise

1 cup extra sharp grated cheddar

1/2 cup shaved Parmesan

Cook bacon until crisp.  Drain on paper towels, reserving 1 T fat in pan.  Add broccoli to pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until broccoli is crisp tender.  Stir in mayonnaise and cream cheese.  Crumble or cut bacon into small pieces and add to pan. Add cheeses and combine everything well as possible.  Turn out into a 1 quart greased casserole and cover and refrigerate until baking.

Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.  Serves 6-8

I assembled this dip 3 days ahead of time and kept it covered in the fridge, until baking

Psst, leftover dips are killer on baked potatoes…

Elevating Lowly Leftovers

Here are some other very favorite EZ dips that have some veggies snuck in~

Marinara Ricotta Dip with focaccia dippers

Fried Onion Dip with Kale and Swiss Chard

Caeser Salad Dip with Salami Chips & Romaine Dippers

Creamy Corn Dip with Bacon, Tomatoes & Green Chiles

Happy Dipping!

for another printable version of Broccoli & Cheese Dip click here

🥓   🥗   🧀   🥓   🥗   🧀

Rustic and RefinedBetween Naps on the Porch, Gardens Galore  Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal CharmCooking and Crafting with J&J,  The Scoop,   A Stroll Thru Life

Celebrate and Decorate,   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Creatively Crafty      Full Plate Thursday

Foodie Friday & Everything Else    Thursday Favorite Things   Home Matters

Share it One More Time   Delicious Dishes Recipe Party    Sundays at Home

Comments
22 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Broccoli & Cheese Dip or Spread”

Yep, gotta eat your veggies:@) Sounds great!

2. Now that’s the way to intro veggies to kids!

Jenna, I would love your dip on a baked potato, cracker or a spoon!

4. Jenna, we all love dips with bacon…YES!! Adding broccoli seems to make it healthy to me! I hope you are feeling better!

5. Everything looks so yummy. We missed you in NYC, dear Jenna. Have a great week.

Wow, yummy dips! Love your creative cooking.

7. Monday night football, here I come with some bacon-spinach dip!!!

I like your idea of using leftover dips on a baked potato! Yum! 😃 Thanks Jenna! ❤️

oh yum! I love dips! TOOOO MUCH!!!

10. Ricki Treleaven says:

This looks great, Jenna, and I love your idea for serving leftovers on baked potatoes!

11. Kim says:

Another delicious keeper! I pinned your recipe. 🙂

12. Karen says:

Your comment about adding the broccoli to make it “almost health food” gave me a chuckle. My husband would definitely like the way you think…he would be all for this healthy dip although he might try to avoid too much broccoli. After all, everything in moderation. 😀

Hi Jenna,
    I love your Broccoli Cheese Dip, this will be a great recipe to try for the upcoming holidays! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday! Have a great week and come back to see us real soon!

14. This cheesy dip looks delicious! It’s a great recipe for the upcoming holidays 🙂

1. […] Casserole Dip from Delish turned into Broccoli & Cheese Dip or Spread, perfect for game day or a holiday […]

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )