Recipe Box, Versatile Harvest Pumpkin Tart, Breakfast, Brunch or Appetizer

This harvest tart is a savory delight, pumpkin paired with bacon and caramelized onions

It is so versatile, you can use it with maple syrup for breakfast, topped with an egg for brunch, or cut into squares for an appetizer sure to please

Plus, it’s incredibly easy!!

Caramelize onion in a little butter or bacon fat,* slow and low, for 20-25 minutes

*You can cook the bacon first, remove to drain and then add onion to skillet with a little bacon grease.  I usually cook my bacon in the oven, so I don’t have to stand there and tend to it, but use whichever method you prefer

Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, place in a greased 9″ x 9″ dish and prick all over with a fork

Spray a piece of foil with cooking oil and place sprayed side down on top of pastry and add pie weights, beans or glass beads to hold it down and prevent pastry from puffing up

Bake at 400 for 30 minutes

Mix pumpkin with spices and a dash of cream

Spread over crust

Top with onions and bacon

Then cheese

I used Parmesan Reggiano, but any flavorful white cheese like sharp white cheddar, Manchego or Gruyere would also be good

Here’s where the fun begins…you can cut the tart into small squares for appetizers

Drizzle larger squares with maple syrup for breakfast

Or top with a sunny side up egg for a hearty autumn brunch

Harvest Pumpkin Tart

• Servings: varied

1 sheet puff pastry, thawed

1/2 cup pumpkin puree

dash Nutmeg

dash Cinnamon

dash heavy cream

6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

1/2 large sweet onion, or 1 medium onion, diced

1 T butter

1 T olive oil

2-3 oz shaved Parmesan

Caramelize onion by cooking over very low heat in butter and olive oil, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, about 25 minutes.

Roll out pastry to seal seams and thin a little. Place in a sprayed 9” x 9” baking dish or tart pan. Prick all over with fork and top with greased foil, greased side down,  and top foil with weights. Bake pastry at 400 for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Return to oven for 5 minutes if necessary to set bottom.

Combine pumpkin with nutmeg, cinnamon and cream. Spread on bottom of tart crust. Top with onion, bacon and Parmesan cheese. Return to oven for 10 min.

Cut into squares for appetizers, drizzle with maple syrup for breakfast, or top with a fried egg for brunch

Enjoy!

for another printable version of Harvest Pumpkin Tart click here

🍁   🎃   🥓   🍁   🎃   🥓

Rustic and RefinedBetween Naps on the Porch, Gardens Galore  Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal CharmCooking and Crafting with J&J,  The Scoop,   A Stroll Thru Life

Celebrate and Decorate,   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Creatively Crafty      Full Plate Thursday

Foodie Friday & Everything Else    Thursday Favorite Things   Home Matters

Share it One More Time   Delicious Dishes Recipe Party    Sundays at Home

Comments
15 Responses to “Recipe Box, Versatile Harvest Pumpkin Tart, Breakfast, Brunch or Appetizer”

OOOOOHHHH Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! what a beautiful combination and versatile tart!

Looks delicious Jenna. Love the recipe for Sunday morning family brunch……..

3. This looks so interesting….I would have never thought of these flavors together, even though I like them all (except maple) separately. You are fearless with your art, Jenna, and I consider your work in the kitchen just that….art!

OMG Jenna! you know how to make a girl hungry. Gorgeous looking and I’m sure very delicious. Thanks for the recipe.

5. OK, first…had NO idea you could put those glass stones in the oven like that!!! That’s wild!!! I never, ever, ever would have thought that!!! I have lots of those for decorating that I rarely use, but now I think I’ll keep a little stash of them in the kitchen! This is a versatile tart that can’t go wrong for whatever time of day you might want to serve it. EVERYTHING’S better with bacon!!!!!!!

6. Looks scrumptious! Thanks for sharing with Thursday Favorite Things! We love having you join us! Angelina @ Peonies and Orange Blossoms

7. That one looks pretty darned yum to me!

8. Ricki Treleaven says:

Neat trick with the glass! I bet an egg on it is great!

Sounds very tasty:@)

10. Jenna, this really looks good…I know it would be a great appetizer for an autumn meal! Breakfast, lunch, or dinner this would be perfect!

You share the best recipes and how to serve them, Jenna! I would love a slice of your versatile pumpkin tart.

Sounds delicious all three ways Jenna! We would love it with butternut squash too. ♥

13. JESS44903 says:

What an interesting recipe! 🙂

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Hi Jenna,
    Your Pumpkin Tart will be just perfect for a lovely holiday brunch! Thanks so much for sharing your special post with us at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great weekend and come back to see us real soon!

1. […] are all so thankful to Chloe of Celebrate and Decorate for being our fearless […]

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )