Holidays, Last Minute Mardi Gras Fun and Praline Party Mix

Even if you don’t have a box full of Mardi Gras beads and decorations,

you can still have a little Mardi Gras fun with a few flowers from the grocery store

and a batch of dangerously delicious Praline Party Mix

Pralines and Pecans are favorite treats in the South,

and this sweet and salty mix will have you throwing beads in the air!

It only takes 5 minutes to prepare

Make the praline sauce by cooking butter, sugar, and corn syrup

Did you know that you can substitute 1/2 white sugar and 1/2 dark brown sugar for light brown sugar?

Once the mixture comes to a boil, remove it from heat

stir in vanilla and baking soda and it transforms into a velvety sauce

Pour it over the Crispix and pecans in a rimmed sheet pan

Gently stir and toss until everything is well coated

Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes

Immediately remove mix from pan, if it cools on pan it will stick

Sprinkle with salt

Spread out on wax paper to cool, don’t use paper towels, it will stick to them

Put some mix in a jar for a gift 🎁

This recipe is adapted from Plain Chicken

Praline Party Mix

• Servings: varied
  • Difficulty: very easy

8 cups Crispix Cereal

1 cup pecans  or more if desired

1/2 cup unsalted butter

1/4 cup white sugar*

1/4 cup dark brown sugar*

1/2 cup light corn syrup

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 baking soda

kosher salt

Put cereal in an even layer on large rimmed baking sheet.  Top with pecans.  Melt butter in small saucepan over medium high heat.  Add sugars and corn syrup.  Cook, stirring until sauce come to a boil.  Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda.  Pour over cereal and pecans in pan.  Gently toss and stir until everything is coated.

Bake at 250 degrees for 20 minutes, then stir.  Return to oven and bake 20 minutes more, then stir.  Bake for a final 20 minutes.  Immediately transfer mix to wax paper or parchment to cool.  Do not let it sit on pan or it will stick.

Store in a tightly covered container or large jar

*use can substitute  light brown sugar if desired, using 1/2 cup sugar total

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

for more Mardi Gras ideas see Taste of Home’s Mardi Gras Madness here

One of my centerpieces is featured along with one from

Home is Where the Boat is and Tablescapes at Table 21

for another printable version of Praline Party Mix click here

Sunday 1 day sale, Society 6, 25% off everything today only, sale ends at Midnight PST, shop here

🎭   🍾   👑   🎭   🍾   👑

Rustic and RefinedBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal Charm,   Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl

Full Plate Thursday    Thursday Favorite Things  Creatively Crafty

Home Matters    Share it One More Time   Sundays at Home

Comments
24 Responses to “Holidays, Last Minute Mardi Gras Fun and Praline Party Mix”
  1. Jenna, this looks delicious and I love the easy part. Wishing you a wonderful Sunday…pouring rain here this morning!

2. This looks very tempting! Congratulations for getting your clever MG clown on Taste of Home Jenna!

Johanne Lamarche

3. Yum…looks delish – and I love seeing all of your decorations and flowers!

4. Rita C. says:

Did not know that substitution trick. That recipe sounds and looks delicious….and addictive! But I’d be stuck eating it all by myself….Mr. P. doesn’t like pecans.

Have a great time and I love chex mix.

6. Nancy says:

Very colorful and oh so delicious!

7. Nancy says:

How exciting that you were posted at Taste of Home!!

8. All I had to see was the word “praline”, and I was on board!!! I haven’t had any in so long!!! My aunt in Baton Rouge used to make them, and they were scrumpdillyicious!!! This would be a really neat treat to give year round!

The party mix sounds great Jenna! I’m sure everyone is having a blast down south-enjoy:@)

Lovely flowers Jenna!! 💜💚🌼 I make a similar mix at Christmas time – except I use mini pretzels, peanuts, coco puff cereal and rice Chex. It is always a hit! 😃 I like your variation! ❤️

11. Those look so yummy…and I think I have all the ingredients needed on hand. I’m definitely going to have Pin this!! Thanks so much!

12. Congratulations about the feature in Taste of Home.
    Thanks for inspiration and recipe for party mix and decorating for Madi Gras.Will file away for later since I will be out of town.

13. Your table looks positively darling Jenna! And I’m drooling just thinking about that party mix. Enjoy your Fat Tuesday!

14. You had to put out this recipe, didn’t you? That is going to be SUCH TROUBLE! And the worst part is that I have all that stuff in the house so no tromping through 14 inches of snow to get it. Thanks heaps, Jenna!

15. My husband would be crazy about this snack mix! He loves praline anything. Saving this recipe , for sure.

Your sweet and salty mix would be hard to resist Jenna! Love your jester jar topper! Congratulations on your feature in Taste of Home and thanks for letting me know…I had no idea. Last week was an awful week for me. Laissez les bon temps rouler 🙂

You share the best recipes, Jenna! This mix sounds dangerously addictive, and I would just love it. It sounds so perfect for gifting, too. Your jar is so adorable!!

18. My mother never liked pralines, she always thought they were too sweet, so I never had them growing up. In fact, it was not until I was married the second time that I took a trip to New Orleans and had one. I loved it! This recipe for praline party mix looks amazing. Mardi Gras or not, I will be making this. Thanks for sharing.

Your Table looks amazing and what a great gift idea for the Praline Party Mix! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week and come back soon!

20. marilyn1998 says:

Congratulations! Your post was my feature pick at #ThursdayFavoriteThings this week. Visit me at https://www.marilynstreats.com on thursday morning to see your feature! All hosts choose their own features from the comments left on their blog so be sure to return to my blog to see your feature. I invite you to leave more links to be shared and commented upon. Please don’t forget to add your link numbers or post title so we can be sure to visit!

1. […] For Fat Tuesday we started out nibbling on Praline Party Mix […]