Take-out Tuesday, Roasted Carrot Vegetable Soup with Grilled Cheese Dippers

We are still waiting for soup weather in Alabama, but this Roasted Carrot Soup from Jodi at the Creative Life In Between caught my attention and I couldn’t wait to try it

And Grilled Cheese Dippers???

Yes please!

This is actually a “clean out your fridge” type recipe, perfect for remains of this and that…

I had a ton of carrot and celery sticks left over from a game day crudité platter, plus 1/2 a large onion and a sad looking tomato…perfect!

Roast until everything is cooked through and soft

Place vegetables in a deep casserole dish, add broth and purée with an immersion blender {or use food processor or in small batches in a blender}

Taste to adjust seasonings

Add enough good white wine {or more broth} until soup is desired consistency

At this point soup can be covered and refrigerated until heating later if desired.

While vegetables are roasting, prepare Grilled Cheese Dippers

Roll them around in skillet in melted butter until golden

These are irresistible little logs of warm, melty cheese in a toasted wrapper

Serve them along with your hot soup

Perfect for dipping!

Or spooning!

Roasted Carrot Vegetable Soup with Grilled Cheese Dippers

• Servings: 4

note: use any proportion of these vegetables you like, clean out your vegetable bin!

12-16 oz carrots, peeled and cut into pieces or carrot sticks

2 stalks celery, cut into pieces

1/2-1 onion, cut into chunks

1-2 tomatoes, cut into chunks

2 tsp minced garlic

1 tsp dried rosemary

1 cup chicken broth

1/2 cup white wine {I used Chardonnay}

olive oil

salt & pepper

Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment.  Place vegetables on pan center in a pile.  Drizzle with olive oil and salt & pepper.  Toss to coat vegetables with oil and seasonings.  Spread into an even layer.  Roast at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until soft.  Transfer vegetables to a deep casserole baking dish.  Add broth.  Puree with an immersion blender.  Taste and adjust seasonings.  Add enough wine until soup is desired consistency.  Cover and refrigerate at this point if desired.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-30 minutes or until soup is hot.  Time will depend on temperature of soup at cooking time.

Serve with Grilled Cheese Dippers

Grilled Cheese Dippers

for each sandwich:

1 slice white bread {I used Pepperidge Farm thin white bread}

1 slice cheese

tsp butter

Flatten bread with rolling pin.  Remove crusts if desired.  Top with cheese and roll up into a log.  Melt butter over medium high heat in skillet.  Add sandwich rolls and cook, turning with tongs to brown and toast each side.  Serve immediately with hot soup

for another printable version of this recipe click here

Thank you Jodi!

Jodi is not only a great cook but an artist and poet extraordinaire!

Visit Jodi here

🥕  🥪  🍅  🥕  🥪  🍅  🥕

Dishing it & Digging it,   Between Naps on the Porch,

Merry Monday   Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
31 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Roasted Carrot Vegetable Soup with Grilled Cheese Dippers”

I love all of the color!

2. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors says:

Jenna, I love soup and could eat it everyday! I’m always looking for new soup recipes to try. This one looks and sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!!!

3. Rita C. says:

Well, now, that sure looks tasty! We love our grilled cheese sandwiches with soup! Wonder if I could slip that concoction past the Mister to where he thinks it’s tomato soup?? 😉

4. Love soup and sandwiches here. I use carrots a lot, love the flavor they add to soup so this is a hit for me. The dippers are perfect too, yum. Can’t wait for soup weather…….

5. chef mimi says:

Great soup! Any soup that starts with roasted veggies is definitely going to be good. And I love those dippers. My grand kids would love them.

Oh Yummy Yummy! Isn’t the soup so easy and delish! ESPECIALLY with those amazing dippers!!!!!!!!!!!

We love tomato soup and grilled cheese, so I will have to try this version of the dippers! I usually cut my sandwich up in “finger” size pieces to dunk in the soup, but this is one less piece of bread so will have to try for sure. Tonight we had your very good sausage, corn, biscuit bake. Liked it very much. I have never oven roasted corn and your are so right, the husks and silk came right off and it was VERY tasty. (Snuck a few kernels, lol). Next time I will try your version of the soup rather Campbell’s condensed cheese soup, to cut some of the sodium. Thank you Jenna! Tomorrow the caramel apple pie bars! Can’t wait! 😊

8. I love the idea of dippers like that!

9. Jenna, I love soup and grilled cheese! This looks delicious. I had the best corn soup tonight in Jackson Hole!

10. This is a great idea. Can’t wait for cooler temps and I will be in a soup mood.

A great way to use leftover veggies! Yum! 👍😃 And the grilled cheese dippers look like they could be an appetizer! I’m a big cheese lover! ❤️🧀 It would be fun to try with different cheeses and breads.

Jenna, Your roasted carrot soup is similar to a butternut recipe we love for fall! I can hardly wait until soup and chili weather! It’s more gazpacho weather for the foreseeable future. I’m wondering if we’ll still be wearing flip flops at Thanksgiving 🙂

13. Your soup sounds delicious, and I have all of those ingredients in my fridge. I love roasting vegetables, and can only imagine how good this is going to be. I am definitely going to make it this week. The grilled cheese dippers are adorable, and would be wonderful dipped into any kind of soup. I’ll be trying those too. Your soup mug is adorable by the way. I think I recognize that pattern from Fitz and Floyd.

• thanks Pattie, I couldn’t believe how easy this was, plus I felt so healthy eating it {besides the grilled cheese dippers that is} I don’t think the mug in FF, I got it at Home Goods, and it’s perfect for soup or cereal

14. pattyanneart says:

Oh my this soup is easy and delicious!! I made it today and had some for lunch. 😀❤️
    Thank you Jenna & Jodi!!

The awesome soup and cheese dippers will be perfect for this rainy day! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday, we have really enjoyed it. Hope you have a great day and come back soon!

1. […] a good thing we had that healthy Roasted Carrot & Vegetable Soup the other day, because today’s recipe is a little […]