Take-out Tuesday, Roasted Butternut & Bacon Salad

The other day I stumbled across an article from Buzz Feed, it’s a quiz called Eat Your Way Around the World and We’ll Guess Your Age

It only takes a minute to take…they guessed my age was 24!  Sounds good to me!  I highly recommend taking this quiz!!

Okay let’s talk salad…

While waiting for the temperature to drop a wee bit,

so I can get some comfort food simmering in the kitchen,

this butternut squash salad will help satisfy fall cravings

Sweet and maple drizzled roasted butternut squash is roasted with bacon to top salad greens for a no sweat, delicious meal

I bought already peeled and cubed butternut squash

Look for it in the produce section of your grocery,

so worth paying a little extra to have the difficult prep work done for you

Place squash on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and toss with olive oil, pure maple syrup, salt & pepper

Spread out into an even layer and roast at 400 degrees for 30 minutes

Put salad greens into a bowl, add bacon pieces, gorgonzola crumbles, pecans, and cranberries

Top with warm roasted squash and a drizzle of dressing

Enjoy!

Roasted Butternut & Bacon Salad

• Servings: 2

3 cups cubed butternut squash

Real maple syrup

Olive oil

Salt & pepper

4 slices Bacon, cut into small pieces {I used maple bacon}

Crisp romaine or salad greens, fresh spinach or kale

Pecans, {I used Honey Roasted}

Bleu cheese crumbles, optional

Dried cranberries {I used reduced sugar Craisins}

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Place squash cubes in a pile on the paper. Top squash with a drizzle of oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Stir to coat and spread into an even layer

Place pan in 400 degree oven and roast squash for 30 minutes

Place salad greens in 1 large bowl or individual bowls.  Top with warm squash, bacon pieces, crainberries, pecans and optional blue cheese crumbles.  Drizzle with a little Mustard Maple Dressing*.

Mustard Maple Dressing

1/4 cup olive oil

1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup

1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard

salt & pepper

Combine ingredients in a small jar, shake well to combine.  Store in refrigerator, but let it come to room temperature before serving

*Salad doesn’t need a lot of dressing as the juices from the roasted squash will also dress the greens

This really is a “must try!”

You can also serve the roasted squash as a side dish, I could have eaten the whole pan!

here’s another recipe for maple roasted butternut squash

Maple Roasted Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts

for another printable version of Roasted Butternut & Bacon Salad click here

🥓🥗🥬

Meal Plan Monday  Love Your Creativity    What’s for Dinner?

Between Naps on the Porch,  Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

All About Home Common Ground & Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
38 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Roasted Butternut & Bacon Salad”

Jenna, We love roasted butternut and I always buy it already cubed! We’d love it paired with maple and bacon, yum! ♥

2. Jenna, I love roasted butternut squash, but the hubby doesn’t. Can you believe he doesn’t eat anything pumpkin either? Your salad looks wonderful and I can prepare that just for me. Buying it already cubed is the best, trying to peel and cube butternut squash is no fun. Happy Tuesday!

3. This looks delicious and super easy. Isn’t cubed squash the best invention ever? Such a pain cutting up a butternut. I don’t know if it’s better or not if you do, but I really don’t care! Save a finger – buy cubed squash!

4. Nancy says:

I enjoy Roasted Butternut Squash and here in a Salad sounds amazing! Paired with Maple and Bacon ?..oh my delish!

I spy a Pumpkin wine glass!! I know you painted… you are giving me inspiration… once again!

5. chef mimi says:

Okay, it said i was 18. what the hell?!!! this is a fabulous salad. Such good flavors and textures. And it’s kind of fallish!!!

6. Roasted butternut squash is a heavenly ingredient!

I love butternut squash and all the ingredients you mentioned, so yes, a must try. I will look in the produce section for already cut up butternut squash, never noticed before, but like that idea very much! Thanks Jenna.

8. Wow! I love the idea of putting all of these ingredients together in a salad! It sounds amazing!

9. It looks positively delish, Jenna! Enjoy your week.

10. Pattie says:

You had me at bacon. Looks super delicious, and so pretty!

11. Yep, I’m ready for some butternut squash too! Sounds good:@)

12. pattyanneart says:

Yum!! 😋 I need to find the precut squash.

13. Shelia says:

My daughter loves butternut squash and brussel sprouts–will direct her to your great recipe!

This looks so good! 🧡 The salad dressing sounds good too! 👩‍🍳 Thanks Jenna for the recipe.

Jenna, this salad looks and sounds delicious! Like you, wanting some soup simmering in the kitchen but not with this weather. I think we’ll be in the 80’s next week!!!!

16. trkingmomoe says:

Yum, Thanks for sharing this recipe. I am going to try this.

Congratulations, your post is featured on Full Plate Thursday,450! Thanks so much for sharinig your talent with us and have a wonderful week.

1. […] new favorite salad, Roasted Butternut & Bacon salad is similar to this salad made with sweet […]