Recipe Box, A Virtual Trip to the Beach

Let’s go to the beach today

Sea Oats

and look for sea shells

The Gulf Coast beaches are closed right now

But we have our own little patch of sand

And a blue pool to keep cool

We’ve spent the past few days spring cleaning

After a long rainy winter, everything needs a little pressure washing

There, that’s much better!

At least we can get back to semi-normal here…

in our quiet little beach town

We are isolating as a family, waving at our neighbors and social distancing

And if you can’t go to the beach,

I’m bringing a little beach to you!

Here’s a few recipes that will make you feel like there’s sand between your toes

Pineapple Cocktails

Hawaiian Pizza Empanadas

Island Time Chicken Wings

Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken and Bacon Kebabs

Asian Pasta Salad with Creamy Coconut Dressing

Lazy Day Grape Salad

Bahama Beach Bundt

Beach Bum Butter Rum Cupcakes

Key Lime Parfait

Sand Dollar Dessert

I hope you enjoyed your virtual trip to the beach ๐Ÿš ๐Ÿ  ๐Ÿฆ€

๐Ÿ ๐ŸŠโ€โ™€๏ธย  ๐ŸŒžย  ๐Ÿน ๐Ÿ›ถย  ๐Ÿ–

Comments
40 Responses to “Recipe Box, A Virtual Trip to the Beach”
  1. Charlotte Hall says:

Good morning, Jenna. Loved my virtual trip to the beach! I am a beach lady, born in Fla, living in Tex & always dreaming of the coast and sand between my toes. Cabin fever is a real thing, but pictures of your quiet little corner of the world remind me that good people and beautiful places are still out there. And we are going to make it back to “normal”…Wishing peaceful days for you and yours.

2. Ah! I can hear the seagulls. Now I want a lobster roll!

Ohhhhhh, how wonderful was that ! The water and sky have me sighing and dreaming of good times and more to come. Thanks for the recipes will pin also. Your pool also looks like heaven. Thank you, more fun times to come, we just need to keep the faith.

4. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors says:

Jenna, you have such a beautiful place to escape to during these times. I hope you enjoy your time. The pool and sand will be the perfect distraction for your grands. Your recipes look yummy. I think Iโ€™ll have to try the grape salad soon. Take care, and stay well!

Oh I did enjoy every photo Jenna. Nice you are getting your spring spruce-up done and out of the way. Your deck looks so pretty and the pool looks so inviting. Of course we’ll miss our beach trip this spring so I really enjoyed your post! You definitely have a little slice of paradise there Enjoy!!!!

6. Rosie M. says:

OOOOO…….what a wonderful spot you have there. Especially during this scary time. Thank you for the few minutes to scroll through a pleasant reminder that there are brighter days ahead.

7. Thanks for a day at the beach! I look forward to someday actually being at one! Love the art!

8. I loved all your drawing pics, so graphic and fun. Color is what I crave, our Chicagoland world is gray, gray, black, gray and grayer!…Grins

9. Nancy says:

I enjoyed my time away at the beach! I felt the ocean air! And the warm sand between my toes. And I had a pineapple cocktail delivered by you! Thank you my friend! We all need these distractions right now! ๐Ÿ– ๐Ÿ ๐ŸŒดโ˜€๏ธ
    Happy Thursday!

10. A cocktail sounds good right about now-enjoy:@)

11. Connie says:

Thanks for this post – I really needed to see water and sunshine today! Now, off for a pineapple cocktail!

12. Julie says:

It’s so beautiful there at your beach house and yes, I enjoyed my virtual trip there. Thanks for the recipes too!

13. Elaine R. says:

Thank you for the beautiful scenes. What a blessing we all have no matter where we live…God’s paintbrush never is dry.

14. Jenna, thank you so much for a day at the beach! I am so glad you got away from the city for beautiful scenery and beach living. I loved every photo and painting. Enjoy and stay well!

• Thank you Pam, I am so glad we came, and the boys have so much to do they don’t miss their friends and sports as much, seeing the dolphins swimming and the occasional boat drifting by makes the world seem calm and normal…

15. pattyanneart says:

Thank you for the trip to the beach, Jenna! ๐Ÿ’™ Love your beautiful art. ๐Ÿ˜Š

16. lghiggins says:

Thanks for sharing your beautiful part of the world. It seems quite removed from the pandemic. Fun, relaxing, with delicious treats.๐Ÿ˜Š

Enjoy your beach time with family and bit of paradise as you isolate Jenna! A little sunshine and waterviews are good for the soul. โ™ฅ

18. Rita C. says:

Yes, I enjoyed that very much. Thank you!

19. Allyson says:

You have such a beautiful view for sunsets! Loved all your beach artwork.

20. Shelia says:

Thanks so much–this is just what I needed! I am landlocked here in GA, going on a 3rd week of self-imposed quarantine to keep virus-free. My only trip is to the local Kroger and using the drive up process keeps my contact with people very limited. The only symptom I have of anything is excessive conversations with my cat,
    I had a “face time” kind of meeting with a doctor I see yearly. I had weighed myself, took my BP, just as they do in an office visit, and dialed in to his conferencing set up. We chatted, and he was able to say he had “seen” me as a patient in order to renew the one med I take. It was like the Jetsons meet Marcus Welby–the future is here.
    Love your recipes and the beautiful photos. I so agree with Elaine about God’s paintbrush. Love to you and your family and prayers for our world.

• Wow Shelia, that is fascinating about your Dr visit! I guess life as we knew it will now forever be changed…I applaud your dedication to isolation. We are just about out of groceries so will have to place an order soon, but feel so lucky to be able to be outside in the mild temps…yes prayers to all!