Take-out Tueday, Slow Cooker Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes

You might want to keep this in mind for the holidays, it is cheesy, dreamy, easy, good, made in the slow cooker, it will bake happily away all day and keep your oven free for other goodies

scalloped potatoes thepaintedapron,com

You can even assemble it the day before, place your crock pot vessel in the refrigerator and plug it in the next day

The hardest part of this recipe is slicing the potatoes, BUT you don’t have to peel them

I cut the ends off and tossed them aside to keep things uniform, but you can certainly use them if you like. Carefully cut the potatoes into very thin slices

Make the sauce by mixing the soup and sour cream. Add a dash of Worcheshire for a flavor boost if you like

I handily had a pint container of sour cream that was half empty, so I was able to add the soup to the remaining sour cream and mix this right in the carton without dirtying a bowl

Layer potatoes into lined crock pot, about 1/4 of the slices, top with 1/4 of the sauce mix, 1/4 of the cheese and sprinkle with seasoned salt and freshly ground black pepper

Repeat 3 more times

Cover and cook on low for 8 hours

slow cook scalloped potatotes thepaintedapron.com

You will be a rock star!!

I adapted this recipe from Corey at Fresh Family Meals, thanks Corey!

*I have a standard 3 quart slow cooker, and could have fit one more layer in to make 8 servings.  If you have a larger slow cooker, you can easily increase this recipe for a crowd

Slow Cooker Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes

• Servings: 4-6

12 small red potatoes

1 cup sour cream

1 can Cream of Potato soup

dash Worchestershire, optional

2 cups, 8 oz., grated sharp cheddar

freshly grated black pepper

Wash potatoes and cut into thin slices.  Discard the ends if you prefer to keep everything uniform.  Line slow cooker or spray well with cooking oil spray.  Mix sour cream with soup, adding Worcestshire if desired. Make a layer, using 1/4 of potatoes, in bottom of pot.  Top with 1/4 of sour cream mixture and 1/4 cheese.  Sprinkle with pepper. Repeat 3 times, using remaining ingredients.  Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours.  Serves 4-6

perfect potatoes thepaintedapron.com

To serve, use a sharp knife to cut down through the cheesy top crust and spoon out in sections so everyone gets some of the top crust

cheesy scalloped potatoes thepaintedapron.com

for another printable version of Slow Cooker Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes click here

for a traditional oven recipe for Sinful Scalloped Potatoes click here

scalloped potato gratin thepaintedapron.com

Now, I never said these were light and healthy, I just said they were fast and easy!  The good news is both of these potato dishes are so rich, a small serving is very satisfying~

Pin now for the holidays!

Note: do yourself a huge favor and get some slow cooker savers.

These plastic bag style liners fit both standard and large oval slow cookers, and if you have leftovers, just lift the bag out and twist tie the top shut and the bag is ready to go straight to the refrigerator. Food is put away and there’s no pot to scrub!

I get mine at Bed Bath and Beyond, 8 liners for $4.99.  Look for them in the small appliance section, near the slow cookers

Thanks for stopping by!

__________________________________________

I will be joining the fabulous parties and blogs on my side bar and:

Melanie Makes

Memories by the Mile

Comments
25 Responses to “Take-out Tueday, Slow Cooker Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes”

Oh my Jenna…I’m a potato girl. Give me potatoes any day over something sweet! Love the cheesy goodness and this recipe for the slow cooker!

2. lulu says:

Scalloped potatoes in the slow cooker….. I love it! Thanks for the tip about the liners. They could definitely come in handy.

3. Emily says:

All of my family enjoys potatoes, especially casseroles. I love this easy dish, and yes using the crockpot during holidays with so much going on in the kitchen is very helpful. Thanks for the recipe and crockpot idea. I will certainly be making this recipe…………….

4. Patty says:

Love the recipe. Go to the grocery store and buy an inexpensive madelaine (spelling ?) to slice your potatoes. You will not be sorry – much, much MUCH easier!

5. I love when I can keep my oven free for other things during entertaining dinners. Thanks.

They sound good! Scalloped potatoes are definitely on the menu this fall:@)

7. adrian@lifewithgarnish.com says:

YUM! Holiday nothing! I could eat this dish all.the.time! I love cheesy potatoes!

8. Kate says:

Looks delicious! I adore scalloped potatoes!

9. Yummm! These potatoes look amazing! And in the Crockpot! So awesome. Pinning!
    -Michelle @TheGraciousWife.com

10. Hello! Yum! This recipe looks scrumptious. It’s definitely on for my food board on Pinterest. I came across your blog on the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. I’m glad I did. I’m following you via Bloglovin’. 😀

11. I love cooking scalloped potatoes and mac and cheese in the crockpot and this is a great recipe! #KatherinesCorner

Hi Jenna,
    I want that serving with all the cheese on top, oh my yes! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend!
    Hope to see you again real soon,

13. Anonymous says:

These look incredible! Thanks so much for the recipe. I’m pinning this to my Potato and Slow Cooker boards.

14. These look scrumptious! Thanks so much for the recipe – pinning to my Potato and Slow Cooker boards.

15. Kristen says:

These look amazing! We love scalloped potatoes too, I am pinning this to try really soon and I need to get some of those crock pot liners makes things a lot easier to clean up I would imagine.

16. Kim says:

Wow! My favorite vegetable…and dairy product. ;-0 You’re talking comfort food here!

17. gannonham says:

Oh wow, this looks delish. I gonna have to give it a try soon. Here’s one of my favourite scalloped potato recipes: http://sweetseatstreats.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/skinny-scalloped-sweet-potatoes/