Holidays, Chocolate Ravioli

dessert ravioli

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Valentine kisses

I’m going to fill you with sweet treats today, that are not only perfect for your Valentine,

Valentine chocolate ravioli

but can be made for any occasion

Easter Egg ravioli

just by changing the colors of your sprinkles    🐰   🇺🇸   🏈  🎃   🎄   💘

Chocolate peanut butter ravioli

Can you taste the possibilities?  😋

chocolate drizzled ravioli

Oh and did I mention you can add a chocolate caramel drizzle?

chocolate caramel ravioli

Pie crust, peanut butter and chocolate and butterscotch chips… or any combo you can think of!

Roll out one pie crust round so it’s about an inch larger in diameter

The smaller round will be the base.  Use 2 small spoons to make small dabs of peanut butter and space them evenly on the base

Add chocolate and butterscotch chips

Top with larger dough round, tearing excess dough off if necessary to make it fit

Press down carefully between mounds to form rows.  Cut with a sharp knife or pizza cutter

Carefully separate each ravioli and seal edges with a fork

Place them on a silicone mat or parchment lined baking sheet

Brush them with a beaten egg and add sprinkles of your choice

My friend Ellen from Scribbler Unfocused surprised me with a bag of Valentine goodies for my birthday, including this big container of assorted sprinkles

I’ve been sprinkling them on everything!

peanut butter & chocolate ravioli

Into the oven at 400 for 12-15 minutes and they’re ready to party 🎉

Chocolate Ravioli

• Servings: makes about 36 ravioli
  • Time: prep: 30 minutes, bake: 12-15 minutes

2 refrigerated pie crust dough rounds

peanut butter

chocolate chips

butterscotch chips

1 egg, beaten

sprinkles, chocolate and caramel sauce for topping

Carefully roll out 1 pie crust round until it is about 1 inch larger than the other one.  Using the smaller one as a base, place even dots of peanut butter, evenly spaced on dough.  Use about 1/2 tsp peanut butter per mound.  Top each mound with 6-8 chips.  Carefully lay larger round over all.  Press dough down gently to form rows.  Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, carefully cut the dough into squares around the mounds.  Separate the ravioli and seal the edges of each one with a fork.  Place ravioli onto a silicone mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.  Brush with egg and top with sprinkles

Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes.  Serve warm or at room temperature, and drizzle with chocolate or caramel sauce if desired.

Makes 36 ravioli

Easter chocolate ravioli

chocolate caramel ravioli

Have a sweet day!  💕

ravioli collage

for another printable version of Chocolate Ravioli, click here

…………………………………………………………………..

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and DecorateRustic and Refined,

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&JThe Scoop, Something to Talk AboutA Stroll Thru Life

Crafty Staci,   Tickle My TastebudsWow Us Wednesday

Full Plate Thursday, Share Your Style, Work it Wednesday

Home Matters, Idea BoxWeekend Retreat,

Comments
22 Responses to “Holidays, Chocolate Ravioli”

Wowza yum yum!!

Festive and such easy little bites too Jenna! Sprinkles make everything more delicious! Hope your Valentine’s Day is extra sweet. ♥

3. Liz Mackie says:

Thank you and Happy Valentine Day.

Lovin’ that last pic! Happy Valentine’s Day:@)

5. Linda says:

Such a cute dessert. I love how you can decorate them too. Happy Valentine’s Day.

6. These sound so yummy and cute as pie! Have a sweet day too!

7. Leslie Anne Tarabella says:

Such an adorable (and delicious) idea! Hope you had a wonderful Valentine’s Day!

8. I love this idea! So cute! Pinned!

9. Kim says:

Yum!!! You have a wonderful technique there…quick and easy. As for the possibilities, they’re endless! I missed your post too late to make these for Valentine’s Day, but I know you and your family enjoyed them! Thanks for sharing. 🙂

10. Teresa Bri says:

Oh my, these sound yummy!

I would love for you to come and share this post over at the Really Crafty link party that is live right now! (http://keepingitrreal.blogspot.com.es/2016/02/welcome-to-really-crafty-link-party-6.html).

11. These are so easy to customize and I can already picture them on a dessert cart. Thank you kindly ma’am and thanks for sharing at Celebrate Your Story!

12. Rhonda says:

Whoa, these look and sound so yummy.. and pretty, too! Thanks for the recipe! My family will be impressed if I surprise them with the raviolis! 🙂 ~Rhonda

13. Jenna, I will eventually get off this diet and try all your wonderful recipes that I have saved! This really tempts my taste buds!

14. Danielle says:

Why did you share these?! They look so simple and amazing. I’m definitely going to give them a try… much to the dismay of my ever shrinking will power.😉

15. marilyn1998 says:

Wow, chocolate ravioli! Pinned this for later. I found you on Celebrate your story linky. If you would like to party more, please see my footer at http://marilynstreats.com for three more. Have a great week.

16. JESS44903 says:

These sound SO delicious! YUM!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

17. Melissa says:

Wow! What a great idea! I’ll have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing!

Your Chocolate Ravioli would be a very special treat! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a fantastic day!
    Come Back Soon!

19. what an excellent post !
    need to try this one !

1. […] BONUS: Holiday Chocolate Ravioli’s by The Painted Apron […]

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )