Take-out Tuesday, Luscious Lemon Raspberry Pastry

The birds were chirping in the South this weekend, temps hit 70 and spring was in the air

raspberry lemon tart

My thoughts went straight to springtime holidays, and lighter tasting desserts after Valentine’s Day chocolates

raspberry pastry

This creamy lemon raspberry pastry would be at home for breakfast, brunch afternoon tea or dessert

lemon raspberry pastry

The recipe was adapted from Susi’s Cooking and Baking Adventures and it is a creamy lemon raspberry delight

Raspberries are flavorful now while their sister strawberries tend to be tasteless this time of year

Instead of flouring your work area, try using a piece of parchment paper to roll out puff pastry or pie crust.  It’s much less messy and the dough won’t stick to the paper.  You can also use it to help transport the rolled dough to the pan

I opted to bake the pastry crust in a large square pan for ease of handling

Brush the pricked dough with beaten egg, sprinkle with sugar and bake

Cream cheese is beaten with sugar and cream and then combined with lemon curd and spread on the pastry

Top with raspberries

lemon raspberry tart

Microwave jam for 15-20 seconds to melt and drizzle over berries

raspberry glazed tart

So pretty!

lemon raspberry pastry

Sprinkle with powdered sugar

raspberry lemon tart

Best eaten the day it’s made, store leftovers in the fridge and eat within 1-2 days

Luscious Lemon Raspberry Pastry

• Servings: 9 squares

1 sheet puff pastry, thawed

4 oz. cream cheese, softened

1/3 cup sugar, plus 2 tsp for sprinkling

2 Tbsp heavy cream

1/3 cup lemon curd

1 pint raspberries

1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam

1 egg, beaten

2-3 T Powdered sugar

Gently roll out puff pastry on a sheet of parchment paper or floured board until it is large enough to cover the bottom of a large square dish and extend an inch up the sides.  Prick all over with a fork.  Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with 2 tsp sugar.  Bake at 425 degrees for 12-16 minutes, or until golden.  Remove from oven and let cool.

Beat cream cheese with 1/3 cup sugar until sugar is incorporated.  Add cream.  Add lemon curd.  Spread over cooled pastry leaving a small border at the edges.  Place berries evenly on top.  Microwave jam for 15-20 seconds just to melt.  Drizzle over berries.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving if desired.  Cut into squares to serve.

Best eaten within 1-2 days

fruit pastry

Fresh, easy and delicious!

I always have an idea board on Pinterest for the next special event on my calendar.   Easter will be here before we know it, so I’ve started an Easter weekend board to save pins to in the coming weeks.  Be sure to hop over and check it out for some Spring inspirations 🐇

…………………………………………………

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and Decorate, It’s Overflowing, Rustic and Refined,

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&J, Project Inspire, The Scoop, Something to Talk AboutA Stroll Thru Life    Inspire Me Monday

Crafty Staci,   Tickle My TastebudsWow Us Wednesday

Creative Ways, Favorite Things, Full Plate Thursday, Share Your Style, Work it Wednesday

Home Matters, Idea BoxWeekend Retreat,

Comments
23 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Luscious Lemon Raspberry Pastry”
  1. Jenna, you had me at puff pastry and cream cheese! I can just taste this raspberry lemon delight with my coffee right now! I love the ease of this recipe! Must try! Happy Tuesday!

Oh yum yum yum yum! What could be more heavenly ?!!!! I’m afraid I would eat the whole this in one sitting! 💛❤️💛❤️

Sounds like a nice and easy treat Jenna:@)

I love the combination of cream cheese and lemon curd Jenna! The puff pastry crust with the addition of the raspberries is a match made in heaven. It looks like you are as wet as we will be for the next couple of days. Hope you stay safe and don’t have any scary weather. 🙂

5. Leslie Anne Tarabella says:

This is my kind of recipe. Easy, elegant and lemony!

6. That looks so pretty and cut into small squares would be so perfect on an Afternoon Tea Tray! Lovely!

7. Marigene says:

What isn’t there to ♥, lemon, raspberries and puff pastry!

8. Emily says:

I agree Jenna, so ready for spring and lighter fare. This looks delicious!

Raspberries are my favorite berry, Jenna, and this sounds heavenly!!!! This dessert is in my future.

10. Rhonda says:

Anything with lemon has my attention! 🙂 These are so pretty and sound so yummy! Would be perfect for a bridal or baby shower! Thanks for sharing! ~Rhonda

11. Lori says:

All I can say is wow! yum! Thank you sooooo much for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It!

12. Linda says:

Wow, Jenna, this looks so good! Those are great combos. Thank you for linking up to DI&DI!

13. terristeffes says:

I’m going to make this but with one small modification. I am going to cut the pastry into individual servings before baking. I love those edges and I think they will work great. Your flavor profile here is outstanding. Pinned!

14. I love raspberries, your recipe is making my mouth water! Today is grocery shopping day, so now I know what needs to go on my list. Thanks so much for sharing this!!

15. After back to back snowstorms temps in the 70’s sound like a dream. So does this beautiful dessert!

1. […] Luscious Lemon Raspberry Pastry […]