Recipe Box, Lemon Filled Golden Eggs

Now everyone can find THE golden egg for Easter

Easter Egg Rolls

When you make a pan of these lemon curd filled crescent rolls

lemon filled rolls

Even the busiest bunny can whip these up!

lemon roll collage

Spread a heaping tablespoon of lemon curd on crescent roll dough triangles

Roll up and tuck ends under forming an egg shape

Brush them with a beaten egg wash for that golden finish

golden Easter eggs

After baking Drizzle them with some golden glaze

and gold or colored sprinkles

lemon filled rolls

lemon curd rolls

Lemon Filled Golden Eggs

• Servings: 8 rolls

1 pkg crescent rolls {8}

1/2 jar lemon curd or about 1/2 cup

1 egg, beaten

Glaze

1/4 cup milk

1/4 cup powdered sugar

yellow food coloring

decorative sprinkles or sugar

Unwrap dough and separate triangles.  Spread 1 heaping Tablespoon of lemon curd on each triangle.  Roll up from wide end to point.  Tuck ends under forming an egg shaped roll.  Brush with beaten egg.  Bake until dough is cooked and golden, about 15 minutes.

Cool rolls for 5-10 minutes before glazing.

Make glaze starting with 1/4 cup powdered sugar and adding milk 1 T at a time until desired consistency.  Add food coloring and mix well.  Drizzle over rolls and sprinkle with sugar or sprinkles.

gold Easter eggs

This is a 5 minute prep recipe, and so easy the little bunnies could make these for you!

We will be short 2 bunnies this Easter, but our 2 youngest bunnies will be with us and they are bound to keep us hopping.  You can check out what I’m planning for our Easter weekend here

Thanks for hopping by!

…………………………………….

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and DecorateRustic and Refined,

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&J, The Scoop, Something to Talk AboutA Stroll Thru Life

Crafty Staci,   Tickle My TastebudsWow Us Wednesday

Full Plate Thursday, Share Your Style, Work it Wednesday

Home Matters, Idea BoxGet Your DIY On,  Poofing the Pillows

Comments
16 Responses to “Recipe Box, Lemon Filled Golden Eggs”
  1. Emily says:

Jenna, These look easy and delicious. A great treat for the little ones too! Love the bunny cake plate and the egg dish. Colors perfect for little bunnies……..

Yum! Hey Jenna – make sure you go to our McKinneyx2Designs FB page for a chance to win Colleen’s Easter Bunny 🙂

I love all things lemon and lemon curd in particular Jenna! Your golden eggs are a winner for sure! I can’t believe Easter is next weekend, I need to hop on it 🙂

4. Kim says:

Lemon. Crescent rolls. Powdered sugar. YES!!!

A nice breakfast treat:@)

6. Velva says:

This looks delightful! Love this idea!

Velva

7. FABBY says:

Sweet friend I love your Easter eggs and we love everything lemon in this family too. Lemon curd is a heavenly pleasure for me. Your pics are beautiful as well.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great week ahead.
    FABBY

8. Oh my, your Easter eggs sound heavenly and easy enough.
    Pinning this.

9. Just got some recipes from your Easter weekend ideas. Almost missed it.
    I needed some ideas for make ahead since I have family for a week and I want to be with them not in the kitchen.

10. Jenna, I love all things lemon and I adore lemon curd! Great and easy recipe!

11. Julie says:

Hello Jenna, they look so good and yummy!
    TFS the recipe with us at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Enjoy the week and have a Happy Easter.
    Julie xo

12. JESS44903 says:

YUM! These sound amazing! Pinned!

I would LOVE for you join and share this at my DIY and Recipes FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

13. Kim says:

These sound and look so good!