Party Panache, Boozy Bushwacker Ice Cream

Bushwackers are a cocktail craze along the Gulf Coast, with all the restaurants claiming theirs are the best

Last summer I made Bushwacker Pies for Father’s Day and they were a big hit

I decided to try an ice cream version, in a jar, for a handy dessert/nightcap on steamy summer evenings

These pack a punch, so eat responsibly, and don’t share with the under 21 crowd!**

**See the recipe for a non alcoholic version

They are dangerously easy to make too…

Just fold liqueurs** into sweetened condensed milk and thawed dessert topping

**see recipe below for a no alcohol version

Pour into small, 8 oz. jars

Add a generous teaspoon of thick chocolate sauce {optional}

Replace lids and freeze for at least 3 hours before serving

See option in recipe for using a freezer container instead of jars

Boozy Bushwacker Ice Cream

• Servings: 8
  • Difficulty: very easy

1 can, 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk

1 tub, 8 oz. Cool Whip Dessert Topping, thawed

1/4 cup Godiva White Chocolate liqueur**

1/4 cup Kahlua liqueur**

1/4 cup Coconut Rum liqueur**

thick chocolate sauce {I used Stonewall Farms Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel}

8 1/2 pint jars or freezer container*

Place milk in a large mixing bowl or measuring cup and fold in Cool Whip.  Mix liqueurs together and add to bowl, gently combine.   Transfer mixture to a pourable container or use a funnel and pour into 1/2 pint jars, filling about 2/3 of the way.  Add a generous spoon full of chocolate sauce to the center.  Cover jars and place in freezer for at least 3 hours before serving.  Keep in freezer.  Makes about 8, less than 1 oz. of alcohol per serving.

*If you prefer to use a freezer container, use a thinner chocolate sauce, and swirl some through the ice cream mix a few times before freezing or add chocolate sauce to individual bowls when serving

**Variation:

replace the liqueurs with the listed extracts below and proceed with the recipe

1 tsp rum extract

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 tsp coconut extract

Desserts in a jar make life so easy, just pass them out, no serving required!

Peanut Butter Pie in a Jar

Key Lime Parfait

Lazy Lemon Pie

Chocolate Mint Cookies & Cream

Key Lime Cheesecake Jars

Rum Coffeecake Cocktail

And coming up soon, Strawberry Shortcake Jars

Everything’s more fun in a jar!

for another printable version of Boozy Bushwacker Ice Cream click here

I used Stonewall Farms Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel for this recipe but this is not a sponsored post, I just really love their products.  They are available online here or find a store here

🍦   🍨   🍦   🍨   🍦   🍨

Rustic and RefinedBetween Naps on the Porch, Gardens Galore  Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal CharmCooking and Crafting with J&J,  The Scoop,   A Stroll Thru Life

Celebrate and Decorate,  Lori’s Culinary Creations,   Moonlight and Mason Jars

Full Plate Thursday  Foodie Friday & Everything Else

Share it One More Time   Delicious Dishes Recipe Party

Comments
17 Responses to “Party Panache, Boozy Bushwacker Ice Cream”

Oh what a fun treat!!!

2. Jenna, another fun recipe to try! Jar desserts are just so cute and easy! I need something to stay cool today, it is already very hot and steamy’!

Oh my, what a fun, yummy dessert, Jenna. I like that you gave a variation by using the extracts, too. I see a new dessert in my near future!!

4. Sounds delicious and fun to do.

5. This could get me into trouble. I must try it. I love your creativity with these jars, and I have tons of them so I have no excuse!

Oh yum Jenna! I have never tried the cocktail but sure sounds good. Like RJ in her comment, I would be in trouble with these. Your jar desserts are a must try! Thanks for the recipes and I love the strawberry painting…..

7. Leslie Anne Tarabella says:

I have lots of jars, and this is an excellent way to put them to use! I’m also adding an extra freezer soon, so I’m set to go!!
    You are indeed clever.

8. What a great summer treat – alcoholic or non!

Boozy ice cream sounds like what the doctor ordered for these hot and humid summer days Jenna! Your message to ‘eat responsibly’ made me chuckle 🙂

10. OMG! These look so delish! I may have to make some soon for heat relief on a nice, hot pool day. I love me a good Bushwacher for sure. Thanks for this recipe.

11. I have never heard of these bushwacker anything, but it sure sounds delicious to me. I might go the non-alcoholic route since any alcohol puts me right to sleep! Thanks so much for sharing at Celebrate Your Story!

12. Sandra Garth says:

Count me among those that haven’t had a Bushwacker either, but I definitely want to try one!

Jenna, this will be a great summer treat! Hope you have a fantastic weekend and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us here at Full Plate Thursday. We hope to see you again real soon.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )