Recipe Box, Broccoli Salad with Nuts, Seeds, Berries & Sweet Sesame Dressing

I decided I’d better make some comfort food salads instead of binge watching the news with Chocolate Chip Walnut Shortbread

This salad, dressing and all, only takes about 10 minutes to prepare

Don’t be alarmed by the number of dressing ingredients

You probably have everything in your pantry

The Sweet Sesame Dressing is adapted from Cafe Sucre de Farine here

My version is very mild, letting the salad ingredients shine, but you can add a heat element if you want it to be bolder

Chris is a fabulous cook and she also shared a tip to keep ginger paste in the freezer so it’s always on hand

The salad is a mix of chopped greens such as romaine and spinach, topped with chopped raw broccoli florets, unsalted sunflower seeds, sliced almonds and dried cranberries

You can add crispy bacon if you like, but you’re trying so hard to be good with this  healthy salad 😇

Broccoli Salad with Nuts, Seeds, Berries & Sweet Sesame Dressing

• Servings: varied
  • Difficulty: very easy

Salad

adjust amounts to number of servings

chopped broccoli florets

salad greens of choice, like romaine, spinach, chopped

sliced almonds

2 tsp mustard

1 T soy sauce

1/2 tsp ginger paste

2 T sesame seeds

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

Combine all ingredients in a jar or cruet and shake well until thoroughly combined.  Makes about 1 cup. Refrigerate.

Stay strong!

for another printable version of Broccoli Salad with Sweet Sesame Dressing click here

🥗   🥗   🥗   🥗   🥗   🥗

Rustic and RefinedBetween Naps on the Porch, Gardens Galore  Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal CharmCooking and Crafting with J&J,  The Scoop,   A Stroll Thru Life

Celebrate and Decorate,   Moonlight and Mason Jars    Creatively Crafty

Full Plate Thursday  Foodie Friday & Everything Else    Thursday Favorite Things

Share it One More Time   Delicious Dishes Recipe Party

Comments
14 Responses to “Recipe Box, Broccoli Salad with Nuts, Seeds, Berries & Sweet Sesame Dressing”
  1. Leslie Anne Tarabella says:

I’m a big broccoli lover and try to make it into a salad all the time, but this is a great new twist. I needed a newer version, so thanks. MMmmmm!

2. Rosie M. says:

Honestly, Jenna, my mouth started watering when I was reading this recipe! I’m making it tonight! Thanks! P.S. I’m glad mother nature has calmed down!

3. Comfort foods are always a good idea!

4. Hi Jenna… I hear you. I am still glued to the News. The salad looks delish but my heart belongs to chocolate chip walnut bread. I might even dream about it tonight! Have a good week.

5. Jenna, I am always looking for new salad ideas! This looks and sounds delicious. However, I might choose the shortbread!

Yummmm love broccoli

7. RS says:

I made the Sweet Sesame Dressing today and used it on a spinach salad. It is so good! A nice change. I did substitute liquid stevia for the sugar and honey.

Sounds healthy and delicious Jenna! I’m a fan of dressings you can quickly shake together in a jar. 😉

Oh Jenna, I love broccoli salad!!! This sounds soooo tasty. I never knew about Ginger Paste. Where do you find it in the grocery store? I need that!
    p.s. I’d still like one of those chocolate chip shortbread bars!! LOL!

We will really enjoy your awesome Broccoli Salad, it looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday,we are so happy to have you join us. Have a wonderful week and come back to see us real soon!

11. Julie says:

I love broccoli salad and yours looks so delicious. What a great idea to put in spinach and romaine lettuce which I always have on hand. Thanks for the salad dressing recipe too.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )