Take-out Tuesday, Nutty Broccoli & Fruit Salad

I chose broccoli as the flavor of the month for January, in an effort to eat healthier and

You’ve got to try this salad!

I got the recipe from Julia’s Album and the only change I made was adding almonds

It really doesn’t need them, as the salad already has cashews, but I loved the extra crunch and flavor

It is so refreshing, healthy and satisfying!

There’s only a dash of mayo and sour cream, it’s mostly just the good stuff

Chop the fruit and vegetables up into small dice

Make sure you chop the red onion finely, and don’t use too much…

it adds just the right amount of balance to the sweetness of the fruit

The dressing is brilliant and so so easy!

I was skeptical about this dressing, just mayo, sour cream or yogurt, honey, lemon, and salt

but Julia raved about it, and it does not disappoint!

It is creamy, dreamy delightful!

Nutty Broccoli & Fruit Salad

• Servings: 2
  • Difficulty: very easy

Adjust ingredient amounts for more servings

Salad

2 large fresh broccoli stalks, or 3 cups broccoli florets

1/2 sweet red apple, such as Honeycrisp or Gala

1/2 ripe pear

1 slice red onion

1/2 cup cashews

1/2 cup sliced almonds

1/2 cup dried cranberries

Dressing
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 T honey
pinch of Kosher salt

Dice apple, pear and onion into small pieces.*  Remove stems from broccoli and chop the floretes.  Place everything in a salad bowl and add cranberries and nuts.

Whisk mayonnaise with other ingredients until combined and smooth.

Toss with dressing to taste, using more for a very creamy salad, or less for just a touch of moisture.

*it is not necessary to peel fruit

I also recommend this Spinach & Kale Salad with Broccoli Croutons

It has a warm vinaigrette that makes it perfect for winter

vegetable salad with broccoli croutons

And this Broccoli Salad with Fruit Nuts and Berries and Sweet Sesame Dressing

Eat more veggies!

for another printable version of Nutty Broccoli and Fruit Salad click here

Enjoy!

🍎   🍐   🥗   🍎   🍐   🥗

Rustic and RefinedBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal Charm,   Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl

Full Plate Thursday    Thursday Favorite Things  Creatively Crafty

Home Matters    Share it One More Time   Sundays at Home

Comments
20 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Nutty Broccoli & Fruit Salad”

definitely looks like a winner. could eat some now!!

2. Jenna, a wonderful more healthy broccoli salad! I will definitely give this one a try! Now can you believe the GAME? I thought there was no way! ROLL TIDE ROLL🅰️🅰️🅰️

3. Ricki Treleaven says:

This is making me happy because my MIL used to make this salad. Thanks for posting this because I’ll make it for Trip and he will smile! BTW….. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!! Rammer Jammer Yellowhammer, Give ’em hell, ALABAMA!!!!!

4. I think your broccoli painting is prettier than the real deal but the salad looks tasty!

Lovely drawing and yummy recipe!

Yes, this salad is a WINNER! MY Aunt made it for all our family gatherings. Oh, so GOOD! 😃

7. Rosie M. says:

Thank you, Jenna! My body has been craving something like this since the holidays sabotaged any chance of a healthy diet!! Looks yummy!

8. Karen says:

I never would have thought to combine broccoli with apples…thanks for the inspiration.

9. Rita C. says:

That looks and sounds so strangely appealing!

10. Jenna… that broccoli salad looks so yummy! Have a wonderful week.

Sounds really delish!! And colorful too! 🍎💚🍎 Thanks for the recipe, Jenna! 😊

12. This sounds wonderful. I love the savory and sweet!

Sounds like a great salad! Yep, I have to eat more veggies too, gotta work on it:@)

This looks so delishious! I am sure I would love this and the dressing. Going to TJ”s tomorrow so I’ll pick up what I need to make it. How about that game! RTR

So healthy and flavorful Jenna! The dressing reminds me of an old school SL recipe for a broccoli salad but in a much healthier quantity. 🙂

16. This looks fantastic! I love me some broccoli salad, but the version I usually eat has bacon in it. This, with the apples, is a much healthier version. I would likely have to leave out the onion (adding onion salt instead) since the hubs isn’t too keen on raw onion, but I think I could get him to eat the rest of this. Thanks so much for the recommendation. I’ll definitely be saving it for summer!!

Your Nutty Broccoli Fruit Salad will be a big hit here at the cottage, we love salads with a touch of fruit and vegetables! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a great day and come back soon!

18. creationsbycindyphotography.blogspot.com says: