This bread pudding could not be easier to make

It is the most moist bread pudding I have ever tasted

Use a sturdy bread, like french bread, so it will hold up in the slow cooker

Top bread with chocolate chips

Combine eggs with sweetened condensed milk, water and vanilla

Pour egg mixture over all and cook on low heat for 3 1/2-4 hours

While pudding is cooking make the Bailey’s Dessert Topping

Put Bailey’s, whipping cream, brown sugar and vanilla in a sauce pan and bring to a boil

Mix cornstarch and water and add to sauce pan

Cook, stirring occasionally until sauce is reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes

It will reduce from 2 cups to about 1 1/2 cups

Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and topping will set up and be much thicker

This bread pudding is not going to win any beauty contests but your tastebuds won’t care!

This dessert is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or Easter

Note: I used Caramel sweetened condensed milk, but I didn’t notice any pronounced caramel flavor.  Regular sweetened condensed milk will work just fine

Variation: substitute chocolate chips with butterscotch or white chocolate

Slow Cook Chocolate Bread Pudding

• Servings: 8
  • Difficulty: very easy

4 eggs, beaten

1 tsp Vanilla

6 oz chocolate chips

6 cups French bread cubes

1 can, 14 oz Condensed milk, sweetened

3/4 cup Water

Spray inside of 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place bread cubes in slow cooker. Sprinkle with chocolate chips

Cover; cook on low heat setting 3 hours 30 minutes. Serve warm.

Bailey’s Dessert Topping can be used as a substitute for whipped cream

It would be delicious served on pound cake, pie, parfaits, just about anything!

Bailey’s Dessert Topping

• Servings: 8
  • Difficulty: medium

2 cups whipping cream

6 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 teaspoons cornstarch

2 teaspoons water

Bring cream, liqueur, sugar, and vanilla to boil in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.

Mix cornstarch and 2 teaspoons water in small bowl to blend; whisk into cream mixture. Boil until sauce thickens, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes.

Cool, then cover and refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.

for another printable version of Chocolate Bread Pudding click here

for another printable version of Baileys Dessert Topping click here

☘️   Enjoy!   🥕

Dishing it & Digging itBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal Charm,   Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Comments
22 Responses to “Take-out Tuesday, Slow Cooker Chocolate Bread Pudding with Bailey’s Dessert Topping”

I love the idea of using the slow cooker for bread pudding Jenna! Delicious, easy and perfect for St. Paddy’s Day! ☘️

2. Jenna I think this dish would be a delight anytime! I could eat it for breakfast, yum…….

3. Rita C. says:

Yum…carbs, sweets, fats! I’m a dessert kind of girl and so is Mr. P., and you had me at “could not be easier to make”!

4. pattyanneart says:

What a great idea using the slow cooker! Yum! 😋

I think it looks absolutely delish! Will pin for sure! Thanks Jenna!😉

6. This tasty dish is pinned and printed to make real soon – I just need to add raisins for it to be the perfect treat for hubby!

Ah, what a scrumptious dessert!

Ooh, this sounds yummy!! 😋 I often forget about the crock pot for dessert. Thanks Jenna! 😃

9. Oh Jenna… that bread pudding and Bailey’s topping looks absolutely delish! I would not mind a Nor’easter one bit if I was snacking on that pudding with my tea! Enjoy your week.

Sure sounds nice and easy!

11. Jenna, I am a big fan of bread pudding. This looks perfect for dessert anytime. I do not own a slow cooker, can you believe that?

12. Love the crock pot idea. This is decadent!

13. Hi Jenna, I found you via Miz Helen’s and could not resist commenting on your Chocolate Bread Pudding with the Bailey’s Dessert Topping. Love the idea of the ‘slow cooker’ method, and also having this special dessert for St. Patrick’s Day or for any other day as well! Awesome recipe, and spectacular photos!

14. Leona Course says:

I try to look for recipes for my crock pot and this looks so good!

I love Bread Pudding and this is a great recipe for the slow cooker! Have a great first week of spring and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with FULL PLATE THURSDAY!

1. […] Slow Cooker Chocolate Caramel Bread Pudding with Bailey’s Dessert Sauce […]

w