Recipe Box, Asian Peach Slaw, Salad or Pulled Pork Wrap

It’s Peach Season in Alabama!

Chilton County peaches are a celebrated summer treat

The peach water tower in Clanton Alabama,

the hub of Chilton County,

is an infamous landmark

Sunday usually means BBQ ribs or Pork butt at our house

For Monday leftovers I decided to jazz things up

with an Asian Peach Slaw to top the pork in a wrap

Bean Sprouts, Snow Peas, Coleslaw mix, fresh peaches, cucumber, green onion and a tangy Ginger Mandarin dressing by Brianna’s

Look for the small packages of snow peas and bean sprouts

They are washed and ready for cooking

1-2 minutes in the microwave and they’re done!

A few quick chops and everything goes in a bowl

Drizzle with dressing and a dash of soy sauce

This makes a refreshing summer salad on it’s own

Or you can pair it with BBQ pulled pork in a wrap

I used lightly sauteed flour tortillas for our wraps

The leftover pulled pork was heated and drizzled with BBQ sauce

Next it was placed on the tortilla and topped with the slaw

Infinite possibilities here,

Pair this slaw with grilled chicken

Serve it as a side or as a salad topped with meat or chicken

Serve it as a wrap or on bun

Even on a hamburger!

A light, fresh and delicious summer treat!

Asian Peach Slaw

• Servings: 2-4

1 cup coleslaw mix

1/4 English cucumber, chopped

1-2 fresh peaches, peeled, chopped into bite size pieces

1-2 green onions, chopped

1 cup snow peas, cooked* chopped into bite size pieces

1 cup bean sprouts, cut if desired

soy sauce

Asian salad dressing, like Brianna’s Ginger Mandarin

Toss ingredients together and drizzle with soy sauce and dressing to taste.  Adjust ingredient amounts as desired.  This recipe will serve 2 served as a salad or 4 served as a topping for a sandwich or wrap

*snow peas and bean sprouts can be microwaved for 1-2 minutes to cook

Brianna’s Dressings are widely available, and come in a variety of great flavors, you can use the store locator here  to find a store near you

Have some fun and change things up!

for another printable version of Asian Peach Slaw click here

🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑

Meal Plan Monday  Dishing it & Digging it,   Between Naps on the Porch,

Merry Monday   Make it Pretty Monday    Celebrate and Decorate,

Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck   Sweet Inspirations   Happiness is Homemade

Comments
31 Responses to “Recipe Box, Asian Peach Slaw, Salad or Pulled Pork Wrap”
  1. Jenna, this recipe has summer written all over it. I can’t wait to get Chilton County peaches, I bet you stop often on your trips to the beach and back. I haven’t tried this Brianas dressing, but I love all of them that I have bought. Happy Wednesday, looks like rain.

Now this is my kind of treat and easy to make.

3. Bonnie Morgan says:

I can’t wait for some good peaches. Your slaw sounds so good! Pinned it for later.
    Hope to stop in Clanton next week.

Yum! I shouldn’t have looked at this right before lunch!!!! 🙂

There is nothing like fresh peaches!! This recipe looks delish!! And colorful too! 🍑💚 We won’t have local peaches here for a couple of months so I might try your recipe with frozen peaches…I am in love with Brianna’s Poppyseed Dressing, I will have to look for the one you suggested! 😊

6. It’ll be awhile before we have good peaches. This looks wonderful. But not too soon to buy some of that good sounding dressing. Whats not to love about ginger and mandarin?

7. pattyanneart says:

Yum, that looks so delicious and easy! I’m going to have to look for Brianna’s dressings! Thanks Jenna 😊

8. That sounds like a great slaw! Needed to see it a couple weeks ago while I had snow peas in the planter:@)

9. Nancy says:

Happy Wednesday! I had a Pulled Pork wrap once with Asian salad… it was delicious! But there weren’t any peaches! And that’s a new Brianna Dressing for me… will have to look for it!

10. Nancy says:

By the way… Happy Thursday!

11. Benita says:

Chilton County peaches are the BEST! We will be in Alabama in a few weeks and I cannot wait to get some to bring home. Will have to give this recipe a try! Hugs!

12. rawsonjl says:

That sounds really yummy! I have been looking for ways to lighten up our cole slaw so it’s not so full of mayo. We’ll have to try this! Pinned.

I love this recipe for using our awesome AL peaches. This is where Jim’s mom resides and I love to stop at all the Vegetable markets there for fresh veggies and peaches for cobbler. Isn’t summer wonderful!!

14. Kippi O'Hern says:

I love those Clanton peaches I want to drive over and grab some. I live in Pensacola so its a little bit of drive but worth it! Pinning this recipe.
    Happy weekend,
    Kippi

Love your Asian twist on your slaw Jenna! What a great topper and combo paired with your pulled pork!

16. Karen says:

What a great idea, I love your take on slaw made with peaches. It had to be delicious with the pork. This will be a great salad to take to a pot luck.