Recipe Box, Tipsy Witch Salted Caramel Ice Cream

One of the many flavors associated with Fall is caramel

Caramel Apples are a widely enjoyed Fall treat

Salted Caramel Ice Cream is a delicious way to enjoy caramel

Today I am re-sharing this recipe from the archives,

it’s perfect for Halloween!

What happens when you spike your Salted Caramel Ice Cream

with a little bourbon?

witchy vignette

Why, you get a tipsy witch!

tipsy-witch-salted-caramel-ice-cream

And you don’t know what she’ll do!

I have had a lot of experience with a tipsy witch or two…

witches brew thepaintedapron.com

Bottoms up is their motto!

bottoms up place setting thepaintedapron.com

They can put you Under a Spell

under a spell 2 thepaintedapron.com

And drop a Haunted House on you!

haunted house on top of witch thepaintedapron.com

And if a witch gets into the wine

witchy wine thepaintedapron.com

Do not let her fly her broom!

This bewitching salted caramel ice cream calls for a dash of bourbon

tipsy-witch-ice-cream

If you’re not sure your witches can handle it,

you can leave it out…

dsc_0031

It is wickedly easy to brew up!

dsc_0033

Stir salt, bourbon and caramel sauce into sweetened condensed milk

in a quart freezer container

dsc_0034

Whip cream into soft peak stage or you can use thawed Cool Whip

dsc_0035

Gently fold whipped cream into milk and caramel base

dsc_0036

Cover and freeze at least 4 hours before serving

tipsy-witch-ice-cream-with-salted-caramel

Serve with an ice cream cone witch hat

cookie-cone-witch-hat

Pipe icing around rim of cone and edge of cookie to secure

and add a decorative candy for the “buckle”

tipsy-witch-caramel-ice-cream

Tipsy Witch Salted Caramel Ice Cream

This easy no churn ice cream is a tasty treat that can be served with an ice cream cone witch hat for Halloween. Bourbon adds a lovely flavor layer but you can leave it out if desired
Prep Time 15 minutes

• 1 can 14oz sweetened condensed milk
  • pinch of kosher salt
  • 3 T bourbon optional

Instructions

Salted Caramel Ice Cream

• Whip cream until stiff peaks form or skip this step if using Cool Whip
  • Put sweetened condensed milk and bourbon in a quart sized freezer container. Stir.
  • Add caramel and salt and stir.
  • Gently fold in whipped cream, then cover and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving
  • Serve with an ice cream cone witch hat if desired

Witch Hat

• 1 sugar cone
  • 1 large flat cookie {I used Tate’s chocolate chip cookies}
  • canned black icing {baking section of grocery}
  • candy ghost {Target}
  • Pipe icing around rim of cone and edge of cookie and secure together. Add candy buckle and serve on top of ice cream scoop
Keyword caramel ice cream, easy ice cream, Halloween, ice cream cone hat, no churn ice cream, salted caramel ice cream, tipsy witch

A serving of this will be met with a cackle of glee!

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Sundays on Silverado/  Happiness is Homemade

What’s for Dinner / Love Your Creativity

Between Naps on the Porch /Turn About Tuesday

Wednesday Linky Party / Karin’s Cottage Linky Party /  Creative Crafts

Full Plate Thursday /Thursday Favorite Things

Home Matters

Comments
36 Responses to “Recipe Box, Tipsy Witch Salted Caramel Ice Cream”
  1. Rita C. says:

Hahaha, somehow I feel like that comment “I have had a lot of experience with a tipsy witch or two” was a double entendre. Sounds like a winner!

2. Bernadette says:

Love this! Your creativity is amazing.

3. Such a fun and festive dessert!

4. Pam says:

Jenna, sounds like a delicious ice cream. I love salted caramel. Your fun creations make me smile. Happy Sunday!

5. I love ice cream without needing a freezer. The Halloween hats are really cute, too!

6. Anonymous says:

Sounds good and looks fun!! Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party – hope you have a fabulous week.

7. So much fun here! Young and old would be delighted to be served this.

8. lghiggins says:

Thanks for sharing. What a fun, whimsical post! And the ice cream sounds delicious!

9. Barbara at Mantel and Table says:

Oh my gosh – that is an amazing recipe Jenna – I can’t wait to try it! Plus your presentation is just darling! And yes, watch out for those tipsy witches! 🤣

10. Kim Goddard says:

Oh my goodness Jenna, this is just so fun! I love the roundup of witchy posts – they are just hilarious – and I adore your painting of the witch with the crooked nose and the spider dangling from her hat. The recipe sounds delicious and easy to make. Who knew they had black whip cream? Cackling good fun!

11. Oh my, I love salted caramel in most any form and this is delightful and creative twist!

I’m cackling with glee at your sweet repeat Jenna! No churn ice cream is a favorite at our house you can’t beat salted caramel and bourbon for flavor!

13. Pattie Redenbaugh Tierney says:

You had me at Salted Caramel Ice Cream! I am SO making that! It sounds delicious, and I have everything I need. The witch hats are adorable!

14. Anonymous says:

Isn’t that an adorable idea??!! I’d love to be eating that witch’s hat right now.

15. kitty penrod says:

Isn’t that the most adorable Halloween treat??!! I wish I was eating that witch hat right now.

16. NikiLEOwife says:

This is so cute & looks yummy! Love all of your Halloween decor too!
    Niki | Life as a LEO Wife

17. creativelybeth says:

YUMMY, Jenna!!
    We will be featuring you starting Wednesday at the Creative Crafts Linky Party! Pinned and shared!
    Creatively, Beth

18. Jenna,
    What an adorable Halloween dessert. What a cute Halloween dessert idea.
    Congratulations, you are being feature on TFT. I hope you stop by. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2023/10/halloween-sweets-on-tft-party.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

1. […] Ice Cream is a delicious way to enjoy caramel, so Jenna from the Painted Apron is sharing this Witch Salted Caramel Ice Cream recipe because it’s perfect for […]