Holidays, St. Patricks Day Gold

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

St. Pat's table thepaintedapron.com

If you are still chasing leprechauns and hunting for that elusive pot of gold, I have some golden nuggets for you

and you don’t have to travel to the end of the rainbow to enjoy them!

DSC_4769_2

Gold can take on many forms

St. Pat's table 3 thepaintedapron.com

pot of gold table thepaintedapron.com

and this one is mouthwatering

These are perfect for soup or salad, or just an appetizer bite~

golden cheese nuggets thepaintedapron.com

They are cheesy, soft yet crispy around the edges…just pop one in your mouth and you will feel lucky indeed!

St. Patricks Day table thepaintedapron.com

Worcestershire and cayenne give them a little mysterious flavor

And when they are baking, a wonderful aroma will fill your kitchen

It might even lure the leprechauns out of hiding!

Mix the cheese and butter and add the seasonings

At first I tried this on thick slices of Tuscan bread, similar to sourdough or ciabatta, but it was much too heavy

I quickly returned to my favorite bread for appetizers, Pepperidge Farm thin white.  Use whole wheat if you must but it will alter the flavor and compete with the sharp cheese and tang from the seasonings

Cut the crusts off and make sandwiches, and then “ice” them with more cheese spread

When they bake some of the cheese gets crispy like frico around the edges.  Swoon here, it’s ok…

DSC_4769_2

Here’s the recipe:

Gold Nuggets [Gourmet Grilled Cheese]       for a printable version click here

adapted from Southern Living

6 oz. extra sharp Cheddar cheese, grated [Cracker Barrel]

1 1/2  T heavy cream

8 T butter, softened

1 egg

1/2  tsp Worcestershire sauce

1/2 tsp Kosher salt

1/2 tsp dry mustard

dash cayenne

12 Pepperidge Farm thin white bread slices, about 1/2 a loaf

Combine butter and cheese with a hand mixer and then mix in remaining ingredients forming a spread.  Remove crusts and spread half of bread slices with half of cheese mixture.  Top with remaining bread slices and then “ice” with remaining cheese spread.  Cut each sandwich into 4 squares and place on a baking sheet.  Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes until golden.  Makes 48.  Can be made ahead and frozen.

gold nuggets thepaintedapron.com

Enjoy!

_______________________________

I will be linking to these great blogs and fun parties!

A Stroll Thru Life

Memories by the Mile

Tasty Tuesday

Four Seasons Blog Hop

Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

Tablescape Thursday

Freedom Fridays

Foodie Fridays

Will Cook for Smiles

Comments
22 Responses to “Holidays, St. Patricks Day Gold”
  1. lulu says:

We had our St. Patty’s dinner last night, and I made your Irish Cream cake which was a very big hit. One person commented, “This is the way to drink!”

2. Linda says:

checked out your post whilce waiting for htegirls so we can go to the grocery store for specail dinner makings. It is Gotcha Day at or house so Amy gets to choose. Mom, that’s me, is chosing these! Today;s post is some of our stroy of hte day she came home.

3. Happier Than A Pig In Mud says:

They do sound like a nice little treat! Probably wouldn’t be bad with a green beer either:@) Happy St. Patty’s Day Jenna-enjoy!

4. This is very imaginative and a I’m sure they are a very tasty snack. Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I love your festive table!

Hope your St. Paddy’s Day was happy Jenna, how could it not be with those golden nuggets?! Love the sunlight highlighting your shamrock-strewn table~ lucky indeed we are dreary, cold with freezing rain this morning.

6. Penny says:

Great tablescape and your golden nuggets look oh so decadent. I’ve enjoyed visiting you from Penny’s Tasty Tuesday. Have a great Day Jenna.

7. Ann K says:

This all looks fabulous, so much so I can almost smell the goodness!! Your table is so festive and the photos really show it off!

8. Your golden nuggets are indeed the pot of gold on your table. I can taste the goodness. You have the flair and this table is no exception. Love your shamrock cloth. And your hand painted shamrock glasses are the pièce de rèsistance!

9. Diane says:

Jenna, my mouth is watering already! I cannot wait to try these golden treasures. Your table is gorgeous – hope your St. Patrick’s Day was fun!

10. Bev says:

Love this table…especially the shamrock stemware.

11. Ok, the first thing I noticed was the Bailey’s on your table ! It is my favorite! Then I noticed the chocolate…..then your little bit of gold! I am hooked! A feast on a beautiful table! Can’t wait to make them!
    Blessings My Friend,

12. lydiaf1963 says:

I know our family will enjoy those grilled cheese nuggets. Lovely table, too!

Your St. Patrick’s Day tablescape is so inviting and so many great ideas, I just love it and what a fun dinner. I love your gold nuggets they look yummy! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!

14. Candy S says:

Your St. Pat’s table is so lovely, and the menu is fabulous. I printed out the recipe for the golden nuggets. I am looking forward to making these little beauties to take for Easter dinner at my dear step daughters house.

1. […] Cheese Sandwich Croutons aka Gold Nuggets can be served on top or on the […]