Recipe Box, National Corn on the Cob Day, Techniques & Recipes

To celebrate National Corn on the Cob Day, I have rounded up my favorite corn recipes and cooking techniques

I’m somewhat of a purist when it comes to vegetables, I like them fresh and simply prepared, especially corn

You won’t find any recipes on my blog for spreading corn with spices or fancy butters, I like fresh corn cooked until just done and brushed with a little butter and kosher salt.  Period.

But I do love to incorporate corn as an ingredient in other dishes, with plenty of seasonings, and love to use leftover corn on the cob

Corn Souffle

If you don’t have leftover corn, no problem, use one of the effortless cooking and shucking methods below to have freshly cooked corn on hand any time

Boozy Corn Bake

Cooking Methods   for printable click here

Crockpot

Place unshucked corn in a large slow cooker.  Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours.  Shuck with  Easy Shucking Method*

Oven

Unshucked: Place unshucked corn in oven directly on rack.  Bake at 350 for hour.  Shuck with Easy Shucking Method*

Shucked:  Place cleaned corn cobs in a shallow roasting pan together, and cover with foil, or wrap each cob individually in foil.  Roast at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.

Stay Hot for Travel Method: Wrap roasted corn with heavy duty foil and then in a thick towel. Place in a sealed empty cooler.  Corn will stay hot for several hours

Microwave

Place corn in husk in microwave.  Cook for 4 minutes per ear.  If cooking more than 1 ear, Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes per ear.

*Easy Shucking Method

Cut off fat end of corn at widest point about 1 inch from end.  Grab small end of corn by the husk only and hold cob vertically.  Gently wiggle/shake corn, giving it a push from the top if necessary,  until it slides out of the husk, leaving the silk inside

Here are some favorite unique corn recipes

Nachos

Chile Lime Corn & Queso Nachos or BBQ Pork & Corn Nachos

BBQ Super Eggrolls

Queso Pizza with Bacon & Corn

Zucchini, Corn, & Asiago Tart

Creamy Corn Carbonara

Corn & Red Onion Pizza with Zucchini Crust

Vegetable Salad with Warm Corn & Bacon Vinaigrette

Beer Cheese Vegetable Chowder

And last but not least,  make a Corn on the Cob Cake for your summer gathering!

Do you have a favorite recipe or tip?  Please share with us in a comment below!

Happy National Corn on the Cob Day!!

for a printable of Corn Cooking Methods click here

You can see more of the Vegetable Garden Table here

🌽   🌽   🌽   🌽   🌽   🌽

will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs:

Rustic and RefinedBetween Naps on the Porch,

Glorious Gardens,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Coastal CharmCooking and Crafting with J&J,  The Scoop,   A Stroll Thru Life

Lori’s Culinary Creations,  Delicious Dishes Recipe Party     Moonlight and Mason Jars

Full Plate Thursday  Foodie Friday & Everything Else

Share it One More Time     Foodie Friends Friday

SaveSave

Comments
17 Responses to “Recipe Box, National Corn on the Cob Day, Techniques & Recipes”
  1. Jenna, I agree with you about being a purist on my preference for corn on the cob. What a tasty round-up featuring one of my favorite vegetables! Happy Sunday!

2. Looks yummy. I like to grill corn on the cob too.

Omg. These all sound so gooood!!

4. Deb Cantales says:

I look forward to corn on the cob every summer! I like mine drizzled with Tahitian lime olive oil, a little salt and red pepper flakes. Nice round up!

5. Great post with a lot of interesting ideas! We just had some tasty corn on the cob – I love it with garlic and chive butter!

6. Julie says:

Wow Jenna, I love your corn recipe round up! I will have to try one of your corn recipes.
    Thanks for sharing this and all of your posts with us each and every week. We love seeing everything you make.
    Hope you have a nice day and week.
    Julie xo

7. chrisscheuer415 says:

I do believe everyday around our house in the summer is national corn day 🙂 There are so many wonderful ways to use them and I love seeing all your delicious recipes!

8. It looks yum! Corn brings back fond childhood memories of my grandparents’ farm and I can’t wait till corn season arrives in Michigan!

9. JESS44903 says:

All of these sound amazing!

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Happy Belated Corn on the Cob Day Jenna! I love your mouth-watering round up 😉

We love Corn on The Cob and this collection is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great weekend and come back to see us real soon!

Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Thanks so much for sharing with us and enjoy your new Red Plate!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )