Party Panache,Monte Cristo Mini Danish

This is a little twist on the ever favorite Monte Cristo sandwich,

perfect for breakfast or brunch, lunch or parties

You can serve them with jam on the side

Or on the top

A lovely little nosh!

All you need is some ham, cheese, crescent roll dough and jam

I used slices of deli ham and tucked the cheese inside a folded slice

You can chop your ham for easier rolling if you like, and this is a great way to use up leftover Easter ham

Once the ham and cheese is rolled in the dough, slice the rolls in 1/2 and place on a parchment lined baking sheet

Bake at 375 degrees 12-15 minutes, or until dough is golden and cooked through

You can spread jam on top or serve on the side for dipping

My favorite was topped with orange marmalade

You can warm leftovers in the microwave, 20-30 seconds per pastry

For a savory version, serve with mustard, hollandaise or aioli

You can also spread the jam or mustard on the raw dough before rolling up, fig jam would be good too!

Monte Cristo Mini Danish

• Servings: makes 16

1 can, 8, crescent roll dough

8 slices thin deli ham, leftover ham, or chopped ham

4-6 oz. swiss, Gruyère or Manchego cheese, sliced

Jam or jams of choice such as Strawberry, Raspberry, Blueberry Jam, Orange Marmalade

Unroll dough and separate triangles on cutting board.  place ham on dough, folding if necessary, and add small slices of cheese.  Carefully roll up dough, beginning at wide end of triangle, and pinch dough to seal.  Place rolls seam side down and carefully slice in half forming 2 spiral pinwheels.  Place slices on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until dough is golden.

Serve warm with jam on the side or spread on top.

Reheat leftover in microwave, 20-30 seconds per danish

for another printable version of Monte Cristo Mini Danish click here

These disappeared very quickly at my house!

🥐   🍓   🥐   🍊   🥐   🍋

Dishing it & Digging itBetween Naps on the Porch,   Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal Charm,   Cooking and Crafting with J&J,    Celebrate and Decorate,

Delicious Dishes Recipe Party   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Comments
18 Responses to “Party Panache,Monte Cristo Mini Danish”
  1. Rita C. says:

And then add some confectioner’s sugar – yum! Those look terrific. Happy Easter, Jenna!

2. Those look really delish — I can see why they don’t last at your house! Happy Easter, Jenna!

3. These look delish!! I spied a cute rectangle dish with bunny handles!! Adorable!

Yes, I would like one with raspberry jam, please, hehe. Another one to pin and try after Easter using the left over ham. 😉 AWESOME and thank you. Happy Easter🐑

5. Jacqueline says:

You always have such clever ideas! My first Monte Cristo was at Blue Bayou in Disneyland, and my toes curled and I nearly slid right under the table because it was so delicious. We make a modified version – not deep fried – and the kids love them too. We will have to try these! Pinning right now.

6. Jenna, these look so delicious and easy! I love the presentation, everything just tastes ever better when it’s pretty. I have to make these for Connor, I know he will love them. Something I get him to help with too, these will be fun to do together. Happy Easter Week sweet friend…….

Oh, Yum!! These look so good! 👍

8. I will have two with orange marmelade, please Jenna! They look delicious and crescent rolls are still the most versatile thing to come out of a can!

9. Kari says:

I want to make these right now Jenna…so easy and I am sure they are so good.

10. Look delicious.Great idea everyone would love.

Our traditional Easter glaze has an orange marmalade base! These sound great:@)

12. Leona Course says:

Your recipes look so good! Do you have a recipe book with these recipes?

13. What a cute and easy idea that would go over BIG with guests and family!!! Just in time for an idea of what to do with all that leftover ham from Easter!

14. Oh, Jenna, I love this idea for Cubbies baseball games. I could make these and we could enjoy them on the patio during gamete. Today was opening day!!! Go Cubs Go! (I always watched the Dodgers play tonight….)

15. Sandra Garth says:

We would make a meal out of these and love every bite!

16. These look delicious! Why I tend to think solely about sweet when using crescent rolls or puff pastry is beyond me, because I far prefer savory. I actually have some puff pastry sheets in the freezer, and may give this a try. It looks so good, and I love the addition of the jelly.