Recipe Box, Grown-up Grilled Cheese

Grilled cheese sandwiches are one of the classic comfort foods

As a child I ordered one everywhere we went to eat,

My Dad even got fancy restaurants to make one for “picky eater me”

There is nothing better than a Grilled Cheese Dipper with a warm bowl of soup

Or a Perfect Grilled Cheese with Bacon

In the spirit of November’s Paint Bucket theme,

Updated Fall Comfort Foods

I decided to make a Grown-up Grilled Cheese

This one has sweet fig jam, juicy ripe pears, tangy blue cheese,

savory bacon, and creamy Gouda cheese

All on fresh bakery sour dough bread

🥰

Saute the bacon and then the fun begins!

Spread the bottom slice with fig jam and top with blue cheese crumbles

Top with pear slices

Next comes the bacon

Then the Gouda

Into the pan it goes to get nice and brown and melty

I like to top my sandwich with a pot lid to help melt the cheese

Now comes the easy part, eating it!

Grown Up Grilled Cheese

• Servings: 1

2 slices deli sour dough bread

fig jam {I recommend Dalmatia Fig Spread, it’s usually in the deli section or gourmet section}

blue cheese crumbles

1/2 ripe pear, sliced

2 pieces of thick cut bacon, cooked

1 1/2 slices Gouda cheese

butter

Cook bacon until crispy and remove to paper towels.  Wipe out skillet if desired.  Place butter in skillet.  Spread one slice of bread with fig jam.  Top with blue cheese crumbles, then pear.  Top with bacon and finish with Gouda.  Place remaining bread slice on top and put sandwich in the skillet with melted butter.  Cook sandwich over medium heat until cheese starts to melt and carefully flip over to brown the other side.  Use a pot lid to help melt cheese if desired.  When sandwich is golden on both sides, cut in half and serve.

for another printable version click here

Sometimes you just need a good old grilled cheese!

🥓🧀🥖

Meal Plan Monday  Love Your Creativity    What’s for Dinner?

Between Naps on the Porch,  Make it Pretty Monday

Turn About Tuesday  Celebrate Your Story, You’re the Star

All About Home/ Common Ground Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Tasty Tuesday   Oh My Heartsie Girl  Full Plate Thursday

Weekend Potluck  Friday Features  Sweet Inspirations

Happiness is Homemade    Sunday’s Best Linkup

Comments
38 Responses to “Recipe Box, Grown-up Grilled Cheese”

Yum Jenna! We had a similar grilled cheese recently with soup. It had apples instead of pears, blue cheese, fig jam, bacon and caramelized onions. So good, will have to try again with some Gouda!

2. Fig jam, Gouda, bacon, pears….delish! I have always been a fan of grilled cheese perfect with chili or cream of tomato soup. Thank you Jenna, happy Thursday!

3. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors says:

I love grilled cheese, and this grown up version looks delicious! How yummy this would be with a creamy tomato soup! Happy Thursday!!!

I am DYING!!!!!!!!! Yummmmmm!

5. Now this sounds like the perfect grilled cheese sandwich! We often put pears in ours, but the fig jam sounds wonderful! I just happen to have a jar in the pantry!

6. Grilled cheese is my favorite sandwich. Period. I like them any way they’re served but this looks to die for. The pear and fig — yum! And beloved blue! Thanks for this. I think. Could be trouble!

7. Oh, my! Sounds delicious! I need to go back to the store . . .

8. Julie says:

Hi Jenna, oh I can’t picture you as a picky eater when you were little. I love this grown up grilled cheese sandwich. I will have to make this sometime. Enjoy the rest of the week and weekend.
    Julie xo

Oh, this looks HEAVENLY!! ❤️❤️❤️

These days I love making grilled cheese for Connor, one of his favorite meals. I have to say I still love them with soup and never take the time to do more. Yum, I have to say pears and bacon sure get my attention. Love this combo……….

11. Michelle says:

That sounds amazing!! Now I’m hungry!!

12. Veronica Lee says:

I love grilled cheese, and this grown up version looks divine! Yummmm!

Yummy, Jenna! I like the flavors of your grown-up grilled cheese!

14. barbaramantelandtablecom says:

Oh Boy!! I’ve had many many a grilled cheese sandwich, but this one looks completely fabulous! And I’m sure there won’t be any calories with those sophisticated ingredients! 😂 I know what I’m having for lunch tomorrow – thanks!

15. Mother of 3 says:

Oh wow; so fancy! I like experimenting with grilled cheese sandwiches too.

16. Looks quite tasty! I do like pear with cheese, too.

I just love your Grown Up Grilled Cheese, it will be amazing! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and come back to see us real soon!

1. […] via Recipe Box, Grown-up Grilled Cheese — The Painted Apron […]

2. […] Bourbon, Bacon, Onion & Mushroom Grilled Cheese from Will Cook for  Smiles inspired me to make my own version of Grown Up Grilled Cheese […]

3. […] Grown Up Grilled Cheese from The Painted Apron […]