Holidays, Gearing Up for Cinco de Mayo

Cinco de Mayo is a week from today!

Here is a round up of easy ways you can throw a little fiesta of your own!

Make a centerpiece with canned goods you have in your pantry, add fresh tomatoes, garlic, onions, whatever you have on hand

Mexican centerpiece thepaintedapron.com

Turn your dining room into a Cantina with a sign

cantina sign thepaintedapron.com

Sunflowers and Sombreros

cantina 1 thepaintedapron.com

Fill your chandy with a flower Fiesta!

fiesta chandy

Set up a tapas station with a giant salsa filled martini glass, Fiesta Corn Dip along side a sombrero full of chips~

fiesta dip thepaintedapron.com

How about a Taco Soup Bar, starring an easy peasy slow cooker taco soup and bowls full of cheese, onions, and sour cream for garnish

taco soup bar 3 thepaintedapron.com

This Mexican Buffet is easy to prepare with steak fajitas and lots of roasted vegetables

Use baskets and a taco server for the flatware and napkins

Treat guests to a dessert buffet of Mexican sweets,  Los Dulces

sweets table thepaintedapron.com

A party dress styled with cupcakes, Sombrero cookies and Coco Loco

sweets table 2 thepaintedapron.com

Make some bright flower arrangements

flower collage

and mix blooms with vegetables

pepper flower arrangement

I never get tired of using these Painted Bottles, so perfect for a single bloom

painted wine bottles thepainteapron.com

The brighter colors the better!

gerber daisy bottles thepaintedapron.com

These Bling Bottles mix well with colored jars and a variety of blooms

painted bottles with fruit and flowers thepaintedapron.com

Don’t forget a Limonada stand and a Margarita station  🍹

lemonade table thepaintedapron.com

Life is short, have a Fiesta!

…………………………………………………..

I will be joining these fabulous parties and blogs

Celebrate and DecorateRustic and Refined,

Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cooking and Crafting with J&JThe Scoop, Something to Talk AboutA Stroll Thru Life    Inspire Me Monday

Crafty Staci,   Tickle My TastebudsWow Us Wednesday

Full Plate ThursdayWork it Wednesday

Home Matters, Idea BoxPoofing the Pillows

Comments
24 Responses to “Holidays, Gearing Up for Cinco de Mayo”
  1. Emily says:

Thanks for the reminder Jenna, Cinco-de-mayo looks like a good excuse to have a little get-together and pull out all the colors! Love your chandy, sombreros, especially the painted bottles and of course the flowers and food. Yum, I love taco soup!
    Fun post………..

What a delicious fiesta of flavors and inspiration for Cinco de Mayo Jenna! I love your clever repurposing of the taco server for the flatware and napkins and I’ll gladly grab a sombrero cookie to go with my coffee this morning!

3. Jemma says:

We are going to do a Cinco-dy-mayo themed party for Mother’s Day! All of us love Tex-Mex cuisine and we do live in Texas. We are going to use your party as a guideline for decorating for ours!
    Thanks for sharing this at Thoughts Of Home on Thursday!
    Jemma

4. Kim says:

These are all great ideas! Happy Cinco de Mayo to you, too!

5. Leslie Anne Tarabella says:

Cinco de Mayo always sneaks up on me, so I’m glad you gave me a reminder and good ideas!

6. What a cute and fun table. The bottle with sunflowers look so festive! I always forget about Cinco de Mayo- I’m glad you reminded me.

7. Jenna, you always have the best party ideas! I believe that we in Alabama have our own Martha Stewart! Love it!

8. Stacey says:

Oh how fun! Now I want to have a party. We once went to a Cinco de Mayo party and the hosts took pictures of everybody as we arrived wearing a sombrero. That was the take home gift. Isn’t that fun? I absolutely love all of your signs and special touches.

Happy Thoughts of Home. 🙂

9. Laura says:

Everything looks so festive!
    I live in South Texas on the border so your decorations are right up my alley.

Thank you for joining us at TOHOT!

Laura
    White Spray Paint

10. What amazing tables. So festive! You have thought of all the most fun details.

All fun! For some reason the chickens made me laugh-have fun:@)

12. You sure are the party girl extraordinaire Jenna! So many great ideas in this post. Sombrero chip holder made me smile. Such a colorful and fun theme!

13. Lisa says:

I love all the bright cheerful colors you’ve used and the wine bottles wrapped with twine are adorable!

Thank you for all the Cinco de Mayo inspiration, Jenna! You sure know how to throw a fun party, and I wish I could join in!

15. Sandra Garth says:

Love this round up and I love that cantina sign! Thanks for linking up with us again at Celebrate Your Story. Have a great Mother’s Day!

16. Marigene says:

What a wonderful post…you have covered everything for a fun Cinco de Mayo dinner! I would be at the head of the line for the food!
    I love the bright colored bottles and cantina sign.
    Have a great Cinco de Mayo tomorrow, Jenna!

17. Julie says:

Wow I love your ideas for a fun Cinco de Mayo party.
    Thanks for sharing this with us at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Enjoy your celebrations!! 🙂
    Julie

18. JESS44903 says:

Wow! Everything looks so festive!

I would love for you to share this with my Recipes, Crafts, Tips and Tricks Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!